An Interactive 5-Day Training Course
Managing Remote Teams
Mastering Virtual Team Management
This OXFORD Managing Remote Teams training course addresses the unique challenges that are created when managing people in virtual teams. With employment mobility continuously evolving, the task of managing a dispersed and remote workforce can be complex. The success of a virtual team is the responsibility of the team leader, and, if managed effectively, virtual teams can increase productivity, help meet organizational goals and improve the quality of work. However, there are a host of unique challenges that can impact their success.
Many more employees and employers are identifying the benefits of internet communication, but those benefits also come with several challenges. As businesses embrace these remote trends and engage top talent from different countries, leaders and managers need not only the skills of team building and performance but the tools to help them adapt to working with remote employees, As the manager of a remote team, your job is to nurture, guide and support your team members.
This Managing Remote Teams course provides you with the skills to leverage the benefits of a virtual team while building trust and making connected relationships with your team members.
This Managing Remote Teams training course will highlight:
- Promote your virtual leadership presence
- The principles for effective remote team management
- Strengthen team networks for improved performance
- Create trust and engagement in a virtual environment
- Proven tools and techniques to help you manage a remote team more effectively
By attending this Oxford Management Centre training course, the delegates will be able to:
- Develop the competencies required of a virtual leader
- Understand the unique stages of team building for virtual teams
- Describe and manage the issues that affect communication
- Understand the conflicts in a virtual team
- Understand both domestic and global cultural issues
This training course uses a range of approaches to learning, including experiential group activities, individual exercises, mini-case studies, and syndicate discussions. A key part of the learning process is sharing the differing experiences participants bring, as well as experimenting with the novel – and sometimes challenging – techniques.
Leaders who have the framework, tools, and techniques to master the art of managing a remote team are better placed to win and retain trust, itself the bedrock of a positive organizational climate.
- Responsible communication practices
- Establishing clear roles and tasks
- Setting priorities & deadlines
- Tracking employee performance
- Building cohesion within the team
- Motivating everyone to feel part of the organisation
Team members who have clear roles & responsibilities are more productive and engaged.
- Understand their strengths and weaknesses as virtual team members
- Strengthen team networks for improved performance
- Improved trust and engagement in a virtual environment
- Use appropriate technology for specific types of tasks
- Supportive feedback & coaching in a virtual environment
Who Should Attend?
This OXFORD training Course is designed for professionals looking to develop additional skills in managing remote teams.
This training is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Experienced Managers
- Leaders and Project Managers
- Professionals currently leading virtual teams
- Those seeking to enhance their overall performance as virtual leaders
- Managers moving into a virtual leadership role in the future
The Challenge of Managing Remotely
- What is a virtual team?
- Myths and Reality in Leading Virtually
- Critical Success Factors
- Encourage and Embrace Diversity
- Overcoming the Culture Iceberg
- Identify the Right Remote Virtual Tools
Leading a Virtual Team
- Developing Virtual Leadership Competencies
- Increase Awareness of Your Personality Style and its Impact on Virtual Leadership
- Effective Leadership Styles
- Emotional Intelligence
- Assess the Strengths and Weaknesses of the Team Members
- Recognize the Differences between the Stages of Building Virtual Teams
Helping Your Team Succeed
- Set Roles & Responsibilities with Remote Workers
- Developing Team Norms & Expectations Early and Clearly
- Delegation & Empowerment
- Create and Sustain Trust among Virtual Team Members
- Strengthen Team Networks for Improved Performance
- Increase Engagement in a Virtual Team
Communicating Effectively with Your Team
- Master Online Communication Skills
- Disseminating Information
- Managing Virtual Team Meetings
- Recognize How Different Technologies Support Virtual Work
- Manage Conflict among Team Members
- Understand Fundamental Cultural Differences in Communicating
- Measuring Team Performance
- Managing Individual Performance
- Recognize the Specific Issues and Problems and Find Solutions to Them
- Effectively Use Tools and Techniques to Support Team Members
- Individual Action Plans
Oxford Management Centre Certificate will be provided to delegates who successfully completed the training course.
All Training Courses delivered by Oxford Management by default are eligible for CPE Credit.