An Interactive 5-Day Training Course
Treasury and Risk Management
Identifying, Measuring and Managing Financial Risk
The Treasury & Risk Management function is essential to the success and sustainability of all leading corporate organisations. Never has this been more true, given the ever increasing pace of change in regulation, compliance, technology and financial risk.
Treasury Management ensures sufficient liquidity to meet its obligations, whilst managing payments, receipts and financial risks such as Credit Risk, Oil Price, Exchange Rate and Interest Rate Risk effectively. In addition, effective Treasury & Risk Management will enable companies to make informed and better strategic decisions, providing the analysis, finance and risk assessment.
The aim of this Oxford Treasury and Risk Management training Course therefore, is to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to make an effective contribution to the Treasury & Risk Management function.
This Oxford training course will highlight:
- The Role of Scope of Treasury & Risk Management
- The Latest International Tools and Techniques to enable you to identify, measure and manage risk effectively
- Methods to ensure, liquidity, improved investment returns and smooth cash operations
- Capital Investment Techniques and Methods of Finance to Support Strategic Objectives
- The Features and Benefits of Derivatives as Risk Management Tools
At the end of this training course, you will learn to:
- Manage Cash, Liquidity & Working Capital to reduce finance costs and improve returns
- Recommend appropriate Methods of Short-term and Long-term Finance
- Evaluate Capital Investment Opportunities
- Determine and Implement the company’s Risk Management Strategy
- Recommend Hedging and Risk Management Decisions
In order to ensure skill development as well as improved knowledge, this Oxford Treasury and Risk Management training course will be conducted along workshop principles using real life case studies and interactive worked examples.
Participants will be actively engaged, individually and as part of a group, in their discussion, analysis and evaluation throughout this Oxford course.
The aim of this Treasury and Risk Management training course is to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to make an effective contribution to the Treasury & Risk Management function, enabling them to make the following organisational impact:
- Improved informed decision making
- Liquidity, Credit, Capital, Currency, Interest Rate, Commodity Price Management
- Improved Risk Assessment and Management
- Increased Profitability through Cost and Risk Reduction
- Improved Corporate Governance and Stakeholder Relationships
- Improved Finance Culture through the Dissemination of Knowledge and Skills
As a result of attending this vital Oxford training course, focusing on the latest issues and risk facing organisations and the techniques to manage them, you will:
- Develop your professional skills
- Understand the latest international tools and techniques
- Be able to make more informed and hence better financial decisions using various models and software
- Increase your importance and ability to contribute effectively to your organization’s goals
- Be able to liaise effectively with other departments and professionals on Planning, Forecasting, Budgeting Matters, Financial, and Investment Analysis
Who Should Attend?
Given the importance of the Treasury & Risk Management, this Oxford training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Professionals working in Treasury & Risk Management
- Financial decision makers
- Managers and those with financial responsibilities
- Professionals acting upon the financial decisions of others
- Professionals with an interest in finance and the latest market developments
The Role of Treasury Management – An Overview
- The Role & Scope of Treasury Management
- Operation & Location of a Treasury Department – Cost or Profit Centre; Centralised or Decentralised
- Cash & Liquidity Management
- Working Capital Management
- Capital / Finance Management
- Risk Management
Cash & Liquidity Management – A Detailed Analysis
- Cash Forecasts: Role & Preparation
- Investment of Cash Surpluses to Maximize Return
- Meeting Cash Calls and Short-Term Cash Shortages / Short Term Finance
- Working Capital Management – Determining the Optimum Level
- Multi-national & Group Cash Management
- Cash Budgets: Process & Control
Financing and Capital Management
- Strategic Objectives: Consolidation, Growth, M & A; Joint Ventures, Diversification, etc.
- Financing Strategic Objectives / Long Term Finance (Public & Private Equity vs. Buyer & Supplier Debt)
- Optimizing the Capital Structure to Minimize the Cost of Capital (WACC)
- The Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM)
- Capital Investment Appraisal – NPV; IRR, Payback
- Capital Rationing: Internal & External
- Identifying Risks and Uncertainties – Internal & External; Financial & Non-Financial
- Measuring Risk – Volatility; Variance; Standard Deviation; Probability; Value at Risk
- Determining the Risk Management Strategy – Assessing Impact and Probability
- The 4 T’s – Tolerate; Terminate; Transfer; Treat
- Internal Controls & Internal Auditing
- Credit & Counterparty Risk Management
Currency, Interest Rate & Commodity (Oil Price) Risk Management
- Forward Contracts and Forward Rate Agreements
- Options – Calls & Puts; European & American
- Futures – Market Correlation; Margin Payments, etc.
- Swaps – Currency & Interest Rate Risk and Benefits
- Foreign Currency Accounts other Internal Methods / Tactics
- Foreign Currency Borrowing
Oxford Management Centre Certificate will be provided to delegates who successfully completed the training course.
All Training Courses delivered by Oxford Management by default are eligible for CPE Credit.