An Interactive 5-Day Training Course
Developing Leadership Skills for High Potential Managers
This Oxford Management Centre Leadership Sprint training course is designed for high potential managers and executives who are already recognised as being future leaders within their organisations. The ability of successful people to manage themselves, support their teams, influence up and across the organisation and contribute positively to debates and challenges, requires not just practical and technical competence, but increasingly an application of superior soft skills and emotional intelligence.
This training course will allow participants to fast track their own leadership development. The training course will allow delegates the opportunity to reflect on their professional development steps, by firstly better understanding and using their own personal attributes, strengths and skills and then also, appreciating the management, leadership and business tools and methods they can use as they build the next step in their careers.
This Leadership Sprint training course will highlight:
- Knowing Yourself: Self-Management, Confidence, Resilience and Effectiveness
- Knowing Others: Personal Influence, Communication Skills, Collaboration & Networking
- Knowing The Organisation: Strategic Awareness, Managing Change, Lean & Agile
- Knowing Management and Leadership Practice: Style and Methods
- Knowing Your Professional Development: Your Career and Improvement Plan
At the end of this Leadership Sprint training course, you will learn to:
- Understand how soft skills and emotional intelligence impacts on leadership effectiveness
- Sharpen your self-management, productivity and leadership behaviours
- Discuss and confidently contribute to senior conversations of strategy, planning and change
- Develop your own leadership approach and apply the proven methods to better manage others
- Create and take ownership of your own professional development and career plan
This Oxford Management Centre Leadership Sprint training course is designed for active participants who are willing and able to contribute to business debate and bring their own thoughts to discussions on challenges and opportunities in developing themselves and their organisations. This is a collegiate environment, mixing a relaxed atmosphere with challenging content, often around our behaviour and self-development. The training course will blend workshop formats that will stimulate and stretch participants, including (but not limited to); formal seminar style presentations, structured discussions, informal debates, along with solo work and group exercises
Participants will gain the knowledge and ability to build on their current skills and become successful future leaders. The organisation will benefit as successful participants will be able to:
- Improve their management of themselves, raising their own resilience and effectiveness.
- Improve their leadership and support of others, boosting team and project performance.
- Improve their contributions to senior debates, adding to organisational planning and change.
- Improve the general leadership capabilities and be an example to others, within the organisation
- Improve their ability to own their own professional and career development
This Leadership Sprint training course offers substantial professional development opportunities for the individual too. Participants will benefit from:
- Improved confidence when discussing organisational plans, challenges, and change
- Improved skills in managing themselves and increasing their own productivity and effectiveness
- Improved communication and influencing skills, both within and outside the organisation
- Improved enthusiasm and positive approach to helping other perform better
- Improved capability to own their own professional development and improvement plans
Who Should Attend?
This training course is relevant for any manager or executive who is acknowledged as a future and valued leader within their organisation. Participants could attend from across departments, from operations, sales, marketing, finance, human resources or information technology.
This Leadership Sprint training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Team Managers
- Project Managers
- Business Development Managers
- Sales and Commercial Managers
- PR and Communications Managers
- Financial Managers
- Operational Managers (Manufacturing, Logistics, Delivery)
Knowing Yourself: Self-Management, Confidence, Resilience and Effectiveness.
- Great management Vs great leadership
- Self-awareness: Understanding our personality and our behaviour
- Dealing with challenges, building resilience and dealing with stress & ambiguity.
- Personal SWOT/TOWS and personal force field.
Knowing Others: Personal Influence, Communication Skills, Collaboration & Networking
- The communication model: Understanding our messaging, channels, noise.
- Personal influence: Building trust and consistency, being persuasive.
- Self-management: Personal productivity and effectiveness.
- The power of collaboration
- The power of networking: Recognising and managing external ties.
Knowing The Organisation: Strategic Awareness, Managing Change, Lean & Agile
- Entrepreneurship and intrapreneurship leadership
- Strategic thinking and environmental scanning tools
- Business planning and business cases
- Lean strategies and agile project methods
- Personal canvas 1: Knowing business model for you
Knowing Your Management and Leadership Practice: Styles and Methods.
- Practical management essentials
- Adaptive leadership methods
- The learning organisation and systems thinking
- Leading others: Coaching & mentoring tools
- Leading organisational change
Knowing Your Professional Development: Your Career and Improvement Plan
- Servant leadership
- Personal canvas 2: Forming a new business model for you
- Professional development plan
- From theory to practice: Turning ideas into action
- Final discussion
Oxford Management Centre Certificate will be provided to delegates who successfully completed the training course.
All Training Courses delivered by Oxford Management by default are eligible for CPE Credit.