An Interactive 5-Day Training Course
Talented Professional Manager
This exciting, challenging and comprehensive development programme of Oxford, Talented Professional Manager training programme will provide you with the essential tools and skills necessary to manage your team as a professional and competent manager. During this highly interactive and fun course, you will discover many aspects of how modern managers need to interact with those around them. It is a unique opportunity to learn, practice and hone a wide range of tried and tested and cutting edge techniques for managing people.
This Management & Leadership training course on Talented Professional Manager will build you confidence, ensuring the very best from your team performance, managing in a way that will motivate and inspire those around you to achieve greater productivity and results. Attending will aid you in your quest to become a Talented Professional Manager.
In this Oxford Management Centre training course, you will:
- Identify the key skills and competencies required by a professional and competent manager
- Learn the essential skills to lead and develop your team
- Enhance your communications in all areas of the workplace
- Discover effective ways of managing performance for you and your team
- Build strategies for negotiating, influencing and persuading those you work with
By the end of this training program, you will be able to:
- Develop and understanding the crucial skills and competencies required to become a competent manager
- Explore and create a better understanding of different approaches to management, whilst enhancing your own leadership style
- Learn how to manage performance of teams and individuals
- Manage and develop teams high performance teams
- Challenge and improve the necessary skills of the competent manager to negotiate, influence and persuade
- Create a compelling and exciting continuous professional development plan to enhance your career
This training Course on Talented Professional Manager is carefully designed to address all styles of learning and to engage participants fully. Lectures, videos and discussions are either preceded or followed by powerful individual or group exercises. These exercises provide opportunities for personal participation in real situations, where delegates will be able to examine their own working practices and experiment with new ones, within the safe environment of the training room.
Delegates will also learn from the experiences of other delegates who come from a variety of multi-disciplinary departments and organizations. This process makes training fun filled, fast-paced, challenging and empowering.
- Highly trained and motivated managers who will be able to raise performance standards and morale of their staff and colleagues
- Improved leadership, supervisory and management skills
- Improved productivity of the workforce
- Improved inter-team working
- More effective, efficient and successful teams and individuals
- Improved staff performance through continual personal development
As a direct result of attending this course, you will:
- Be able to identify the appropriate management model to improve individual and team performances
- Be able to create and monitor a continual personal development plan for yourself and your staff
- Have the necessary skills to be able to establish clear and concise goals for the organization, department and employees
- Be confident to plan and manage coaching sessions effectively
- Gain a greater understanding of highly effective management tools
- Develop the ability to motivate and develop your staff
Who Should Attend?
- Professionals in all functional areas of the organisation
- Professionals who are operating at a first line or middle management level and wish to consolidate their management experience
- Anyone who is aspiring for a management position
Course Introduction and Objectives
- What are The Key Roles of Competent Managers?
- Essential Skills and Competencies required for The Role
- Understanding How Management has to Adapt to Culture
- The New Business Reality and Its Impact on Managers
- Building A Professional Development Plan
- Creating Business Culture within Our Teams
- Embedding Positive Behavioural Standards
- Risk, Reward and Motivation
Establishing the Difference Between Management and Leadership
- Alternative Approaches to Management
- What is Your Own Leadership and Management Style?
- The Impact Your Leadership and Management Style has on Other People
- The Crucial Link between Personality Styles and Assigning Responsibility
- Understanding The Mind-set of Your Staff
- The Art of Running Effective Team Meetings
- The Dreaded Performance Improvement Meetings
- Time Management: Using Your Time More Effectively
Understanding The Performance Management Cycle
- Identifying and Agreeing Individual and Team Objectives
- Essential Skills to Ensure Excellent Performance
- Monitoring Performance Ethically
- Professional Ways to Review Performance and Offer Feedback
- Effective Questioning Models
- Silent Coaching to Improve Individual Performance
- Listening: A Manager’s Greatest Weapon
- Motivation: Modelling from Others via The Four Quadrant Technique
Identifying Stages of Team Development
- Understanding The Difference between A Group and A Team
- Belbin Team Roles and Their Contribution to A Successful Team
- Identifying and Preparing For Effective Team Development
- How to Present Our Ideas to The Team
- Communication Tools For Managers
- Creating A Culture of Recognition
- The Recognition Formula
Negotiation Styles and When They Might be Appropriate
- Influencing Your Line Manager, Colleagues and Customer
- The Power of Persuasion: Identifying Appropriate Opportunities and Strategies
- Negotiation Secrets to Help Win
- Letting The Other Person Save Face: The Ethics of Negotiation
- Elite Negotiators – case studies from around the globe
- Continuing Development Schedule – Why is it important?
- Readers are Leaders
Oxford Management Centre Certificate will be provided to delegates who successfully completed the training course.
All Training Courses delivered by Oxford Management by default are eligible for CPE Credit.