An Intensive 5-day Training Course
The Strategic Public Manager
Improving Managerial Competencies and Strategic Public Vision
Public sector managers face growing pressures from increasing demands, conflicting priorities and limited resources. Government ministers and ordinary citizens demand ever higher quality of service delivery, but budgets remain constrained. Public sector managers have to do more with the same or fewer resources. At the same some, they face increased scrutiny from parliamentarians, citizens, civil society and journalists. Public sector managers need to develop a wide range of skills aside from their technical expertise including financial management, developing teams and personal interaction and communicating with a wide range of stakeholders.
This Oxford Management Centre training course will provide strategies and tools to enhance the skill set of the public sector manager and allow them to take a strategic approach to managing the issues that face today’s public administration.
On this training course, participants will learn:
- Global Trends and Developments in Public Sector Management
- How to Ensure High Ethical Standards are Maintained?
- How to Develop High Performing Teams?
- Effective Strategies and Tools for Managing Budgets and Addressing Priorities
- How to Manage Change?
- How to Manage Crises?
- Effective Communication Skills
Who Should Attend?
This training course is suitable to a wide range of government professionals who are interested in developing their strategic leadership capability:
- Civil Servants
- Regulatory Officials
- Officials from Public Bodies and Committees
- State-Owned Company Executives
- Officials from Government Agencies
- Enhance the Attendees' Capability to Adopt a Strategic Approach to Public Sector Management
- Increase Awareness and Understanding of Global Trends in Public Sector Management
- Enhance Attendees' Ability to Maintain the Highest Ethical Standards
- Enhance the Attendees' Ability to Manage Resources Effectively
- Increased Understanding of Organizational Culture and Building Effective Team
- Enhance the Attendees' Ability to Manage Crises
- Enhance Communication Skills
Oxford Management Centre Certificate will be provided to delegates who successfully completed the training course.