An Intensive 5-day Training Course
The Philosophy of Increasing Efficiency
and Improving Customer Value
Lean thinking is the cornerstone of an efficient and lean enterprise. This Oxford Management Centre Lean Thinking training course provides a comprehensive coverage of lean techniques that enable organizations to create more customer value with less resources. Lean Thinking has successfully challenged traditional mass production practices, by providing ‘leaner’ processes and supply chains with less waste. Lean Thinking promotes a positive mindset where employees are encouraged and motivated to search for problems, to think and solve them proactively.
This Lean Thinking training course covers the essence of Lean Thinking that Lean is all about maximizing customer value while eliminating waste, saving money and building continuous improvement. This requires not just the creation of a lean enterprise for each product but also the rethinking of conventional firms, functions, and careers, and the development of a lean strategy. This training course introduces participants the philosophy of doing more with less with a focus on production and output quality.
This Lean Thinking training course will highlight:
- The fundamental principles of Lean Thinking
- Development stages and successful implementation of lean
- Optimizing operations
- Lean communication
- Value maximization
At the end of this Lean Thinking training course, you will learn:
- To understand lean processes and techniques in order to achieve corporate success
- Critically analyze and evaluate a range of theoretical perspectives of lean thinking
- Apply appropriate lean methodologies
- To successfully deploy lean methods to drive business performance.
- How lean techniques help to achieve greater efficiency
This Oxford management Centre Lean Thinking training course will utilise a variety of proven learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This training course provides an interactive and participative workshop style that will challenge individuals and encourage lean thinking. This training course will also guide and facilitate learning and individual reflection, as well as using direct input, discussions, case studies, exercises and video. The lessons will seek to integrate theory with practice and will draw upon participants’ own backgrounds, experiences and views and encourage them to relate them to theory.
Organizations will benefit from the participants adopting holistic lean thinking methods.
- An organizational culture of lean thinking to create value and to sustain business growth
- Increasing customer satisfaction
- Reducing defects and waste across the whole value stream
- Improving the efficiency and effectiveness of resources
- Engaging all stakeholders in the improvement efforts
- Promoting organizational learning and engagement
This training course on Lean Thinking will personally benefit the participants by being able to apply the thinking and techniques to identify, evaluate, and improve issues affecting organizational performance.
- Solving problems using Lean Thinking methods
- Applying the Lean Philosophy to work practices
- Enhanced efficiency and consistency in performance
- Improved career flexibility and prospects
- Employing tools and techniques to reduce costs and improve customer satisfaction, profitability, and growth
Who Should Attend?
This training course is appropriate for everyone in the organization but may be of special interest to anyone in both operations and non-operations roles who want to advance their careers by improving their lean thinking skills.
This Lean Thinking training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Senior and middle managers across all industries
- Non-management staff who intend to improve processes within their organization
- Professionals whose job responsibilities are expanding to include operations decisions
- Anyone currently managing processes, departments or an entire organization
Introduction to Lean Thinking
- What is Lean?
- The origins of Lean
- Lean thinking can transform your organization
- Efficiency and effectiveness
- Conventional operations management versus lean thinking
- Lean in the service industry
- Producing for the customer
- The Principles of Lean Thinking
- Identify value
- Value stream mapping
- Pull production
- Pursuit of perfection
- The cost of poor quality
- Develop a lean strategy
- Continuous improvement
- Mistake proofing
- 5 Whys and Identifying Root Causes
How to Reduce Waste
- What is waste?
- The 8 types of waste
- Underutilisation of Skills
- Processing (too difficult)
- Overproduction (too much or too soon)
- 5S and Kanban
- Cost-push versus demand-pull production
- The costs and benefits of just in time
The Lean Enterprise
- Setting up Lean Thinking in your organisation
- Communicate Lean Thinking
- Policy Deployment
- The 14 Principles of Lean Organisation
- Total Productive Maintenance
Simple is beautiful
- Workplace complexity
- The cost of complexity
- Create standard work for flow
- Install business systems to encourage Lean Thinking
- Listen to bottom-up suggestions
- Pay for performance
Oxford Management Centre Certificate will be provided to delegates who successfully completed the training course.