An Interactive 5-Day Training Course
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
Enhancing Business Value by Minimizing Variability and Reducing Waste
The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training course introduces delegates to the founding principles of the Lean Six Sigma approach and shapes them into leading practitioners capable of removing or resolving any impediments that the organization faces. Lean Six Sigma is a combination of two popular process improvement methodologies: Lean and Six Sigma. This is a management methodology that increases organizational efficiency by optimizing processes and eliminating waste.
Black Belt professionals are coveted because of the gains they bring to an organization and are considered experts and catalysts of good changes.
A Certified Six Sigma Black Belt leads the Lean Six Sigma improvement process in an organization. They have the leadership abilities to implement a Six Sigma strategy because they are skilled at motivating, inspiring, and influencing project teams.
This Oxford Management Centre's Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training course will highlight:
- Lean Six Sigma Methodology
- The DMAIC Model
- Process and Quality Improvement Tools, Techniques and Strategies
- Leadership Under a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
At the end of this Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training course, you will learn how to:
- Develop a Kaizen culture of continuous improvement
- Learn advanced tools and brainstorming techniques to solve the most difficult problems
- Get the best value out of business processes
- Improve Leadership and team collaboration skills
- Enhance your career by becoming a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
This Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training course will be highly interactive and participative and will have a practical and applied focus. It features interactive lectures, group exercises, case studies, process simulations and individual exercises.
Examples, case studies and practical exercises will be selected for relevance to the delegates’ business and are based on the trainer’s personal experience.
Benefits to the organisation from sending employees to this Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training course include:
- The ability to implement Lean six sigma black belt strategies and methodologies into action
- The overall impact will be reflected in improved employee services or increased dedication to the process, resulting in a better finished product
- Capability to upgrade processes and implement high quality control using six sigma principles, resulting in superior finished products or services and higher customer satisfaction
- A positive work environment and increases employee satisfaction
- Data analysis, problem-solving, and a result-oriented focus on reducing waste and increasing efficiency
Benefits to delegates from attending this training course include:
- An expansive scope of leadership abilities
- A well-equipped to lead initiatives and become a change agent
- Improved business understanding and analytical abilities
- Enhanced personal value and distinguishing your skill set from the competition
- Conversant in various approaches to significantly reducing costs and increasing revenue
- An elite network of Black Belt professionals
Who Should Attend?
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit; employees at any level who have an interest in implementing and driving change within the organisation.
This can include:
- Managers, Team Leaders, and Business Process Improvement Managers
- Professionals who are expected to engage in their organisation’s business transformation programme
- Employees who are passionate and driven to bring in change across various units in the business
- Senior Managers who intend to learn the Lean Six Sigma discipline
- All levels of employees from various business units
Introduction to Lean Six Sigma
- What is Six Sigma?
- What is Lean?
- History of Lean Six Sigma
- Just-in-Time Manufacturing
- DMAIC Approach
- Kanban Pull Systems
- Introduction to Define Phase
- Identify Initial Requirements (CTQs)
- Affinity and Inter-relationship Diagrams
- Voice of the Customer (VOC)
- Charter a Lean Six Sigma Project
- High Level Process Mapping
Introduction to Measure Phase
- Cost of Quality (Price of Conformance and Non-Conformance)
- Control Charts
- Quality Function Deployment (QFD)
- Failure Modes and Defects Analysis (FMEA)
- Define Performance Metrics
- Make Data Collection Plan & Measurement Systems Analysis
- Gauge R&R
- The Seven Muda or Wastes
Introduction to Analyze Phase
- Calculating Process Capability
- Envision Process Objectives
- Recognize Variation and Sources of Muda
- Pareto Diagrams
- Cause and Effect/Ishikawa/Fish Bone
- Root Cause Analysis
- 5S Housekeeping
- The 5 Whys
Introduction to Improve Phase
- Experimenting and Piloting
- Mistake Proofing (Poka Yoke)
- Reaffirm Solution and Set Tolerance Thresholds
- Problem Solving
- 6 Hats
- Impact Ease Matrix
Introduction to Control Phase
- Confirm Measurement System & Solution
- Create Process Control Plan
- Transfer Solution to Customer and Close Project
- Lean Six Sigma Project Documentation
- Statistics for Black Belts
- Minitab Software
- Black Belt Roles & Responsibilities
Oxford Management Centre Certificate will be provided to delegates who successfully completed the training course.
All Training Courses delivered by Oxford Management by default are eligible for CPE Credit.