An Interactive 5-Day Training Course
Strategic Public Affairs and Government Relations Programme
Creating a Public Opinion through Interacting with Interest Groups, Media and Government
This Strategic Public Affairs and Government Relations training course covers the overall techniques and practices for engaging with Policymakers as part of a systematic strategy to influence Government Policy and Shape Legislation. This training course will allow participants to learn how to bring into play those Practices in a number of areas, to promote the Public image of the organization through the promotion of a single cause or thought.
This training course will also help delegates know how to generate Media Coverage and Campaigns for leverage in Government Relations. This training will address the Lobbying practice in a comprehensive manner, with its various Frameworks and their applicability on different situations. The class will end by discussing the key factors that could impact the success of Public Affairs Training courses during its implementation.
This Oxford Management Centre training course will highlight:
- Fundamental Principles of Public Affairs and Government Relations
- Creating a Public Affairs Strategy
- Practical implementation of Strategy Training courses
- Development of relationships with Government Officials
- Various Lobbying Frameworks and when to use each
- How to design and execute effective Media Activities and Campaigns?
At the end of this training course, you will be able to:
- Identify how, where and when to engage in the Policy and Legislative process
- Develop a strategy to integrate Public Affairs in support of your business
- Conduct Meetings with high-level Government Officials
- Engage with the Media and create needed Public Opinion
- Use Social Media Tools and Platforms as an emerging Public Affairs practice
A highly interactive training course, where all delegates will be encouraged to engage and participate, share, and gain from each other’s knowledge and experience, allowing a high level of knowledge exchange and cross-fertilization of ideas within this course.
The classroom lectures include slide presentation coupled with practical workshops, relevant case studies.
This training course is of direct relevance to Public Sector, Government and Non-Governmental entities and authorities which can achieve improvements in their operations through:
- Effective planning for a Public Affairs Strategy
- Deciding which Practices will be used in every context
- Integrating Public Affairs with other organizational disciplines
- Using Public Affairs to serve Business Objectives and resolve Conflicts
- Building necessary Campaigns to shape your Policy and Legislative environment
This Oxford Management Centre training course will benefit participants by gaining knowledge that will enable them to have a better understanding on:
- Their roles and responsibilities within their respective functions
- How to develop and execute a fitting public affairs strategy?
- How to establish an adequate government relations function?
- How to synthesize adequate practices in implementation?
- Master and execute the main public affairs lobbying techniques
Who Should Attend?
This training course is designed for those who might be new to this discipline, and will serve as useful building blocks for those already active in this area.
The success of Public Affairs in any organization will involve people from a number of disciplines, this training course is equally relevant to those involved in the wider application of Public Affairs as well as those Senior figures and Executives who need to engage with Government, Legislators and Politicians for work.
This course is recommended for managers tasked with overseeing Strategic Government and Public Affairs:
- Ministerial & Ministerial Committee Levels
- Governing Body & CEO Levels
- Executive Management and Directors
- Government Relations Officers
- Public Affairs Officers / Professionals
- Public Relations Officers / Professionals
- Policy Makers / Officers / Analysts / Professionals
Public Affairs Strategy
- Principles of Public Affairs and Government Relations
- The Role of Public Affairs
- Creating a Public Affairs and Government Relations Strategy
- Stakeholder Analysis and Management in Public Affairs
- Mapping Public Affairs and Political Landscapes
Public Affairs Programmes
- Objectives Setting
- Effective Positioning with Stakeholders
- Stakeholders Engagement and Support
- Issues Management
- Audience Management
- Building an Influential Argument
- Alliance Building
- Proactive Media Relations
- Broadcast Appearances
- Campaign Management
- Advocacy Advertising
- Journalism and Press Coverage
- Bypassing the News Media
- Engaging with Government Officials
- Dynamics of relationship with Government Officials
- Lobbying Frameworks
- Direct Lobbying
- Grassroots Lobbying
- Integrated Lobbying
- Key Issues Impacting Success
- Digital Media and Tech Trends
- Corporate Political Activity
- Human Rights and Sustainable Development
- Regulation of Lobbying Activity
- Values, Ethics and Professionalism in Public Affairs
- Interlink with other Corporate Disciplines
Oxford Management Centre Certificate will be provided to delegates who successfully completed the training course.
All Training Courses delivered by Oxford Management by default are eligible for CPE Credit.