An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Maximizing Personal Productivity and Positive Thinking
How to Manage Priorities, Energy, Attention
and Pressure to Achieve More with Less Stress
This Oxford Management Centre training course covers the concept of priority management plus many other related topics. The training course looks at the different methods of planning priorities and implementation methods of Maximizing Personal Productivity at every level.
A key aspect of achieving greater personal effectiveness is the ability to influence others to support you in a way that assists achieving mutual goals. To do this, clear priorities and good communication skills are part of any business professionals’ toolkit.
This Maximizing Personal Productivity and Positive Thinking training course will highlight:
- How to set yourself realistic goals, metrics, and objectives
- The importance of planning and prioritizing daily, weekly, and monthly
- Techniques to help you structure your day based on analyzing priorities
- The role of effective communication in managing your priorities more effectively
- Techniques to stay positive and manage attitudes
- How to manage the demands of others who want / need your time
By the end of this Maximizing Personal Productivity and Positive Thinking training course, participants will be able to:
- Manage and motivate yourself and others more effectively using goal setting, positive outcomes, and success coaching
- Create and harness the power of high-performance teams by creating a climate of performance-focused positive thinking
- Set clear goals and SMART objectives that they can use for their life, work and personal goals
- Prioritize and manage your day more effectively
- Learn empowerment techniques that will allow you to communicate more effectively with others who might be looking to take your time
- Build confidence by the application of communication tools and concepts in a motivational learning environment
- Achieve Win-Win outcomes for both parties
This training course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes learning with presentations, discussion, practical activities, videos, team practice exercises and case studies.
Who Should Attend?
This Maximizing Personal Productivity and Positive Thinking training course is designed for those who desire to learn personal productivity techniques that will assist them in tasks, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines for work and projects.
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Project Management Professionals
- Professionals who want to learn techniques to work with other colleagues
- Team Leaders, Supervisors, Section Heads and Managers
- Professionals who have an interest in a management position
- Anyone who wants to become a leader in their work role
- Project, Purchasing, Finance & Production Officers and Personnel
- Technical Professionals including those in Maintenance, Engineering & Production
- Secretaries, Clerks, Administrative and Support Staff
- Anyone who juggles multiple tasks and deadlines
Key Principles of Personal Productivity and Achieving Results
- Course objectives and review of beliefs and feelings about time, and success
- Essential principles of attention, energy, and time management
- How do you use your time now?
- Setting clear, concise, and motivating sales goals and action plans
- How to set and use goal setting as way of managing your time and increasing results?
- The principles of linking OKR’s, outcomes and SMART objectives to action plans and daily activities
Managing Priorities and Planning Systems
- Why goal setting does not work most of the time and what does?
- Identifying your own motivation and purpose
- Developing a solution-focused and growth mindset
- Self-coaching for progress and capacity building
- How to use priority ratings not urgency to react to tasks?
- Know your time ‘bandits’ and creating more positive habits to overcome them
Improved Communication for Saving Time, Energy, and Effort
- Dealing with distractions and improving your communication skills
- Assertiveness techniques for handling colleagues and clients
- Making meetings worthwhile – preparation and planning
- Speed-reading techniques to save time
- Clear, concise, and convincing, how to get your point across in 30 seconds
- Using priorities to build productive habits:
- Delegate to others,
- Avoiding Interruptions,
- Learn to say “NO”, nicely
Overcoming Procrastination and Structuring Your Day
- Batch sales tasks together, starting with emails
- Planning your day and week and protecting ‘prime’ time
- Apply the 80/20 to your work and projects
- Understanding procrastination, what it is and how to recognise it in yourself and others
- How to stop procrastinating and start making progress?
- How to take positive actions to go from being stuck to being motivated?
Applying Positive Psychology to Your Work Activities and Goals
- What is positive thinking and why it matters?
- Examples of positive psychology and positive thinking in individuals and organizations
- How positive mental attitude can influence and shape your future?
- Overcoming mental blocks, blind spots, and negative emotional loops
- Visualization techniques and relaxation techniques
- The seven principles of positive thinking and psychology
Oxford Management Centre Certificate will be provided to delegates who successfully completed the training course.