An Interactive 10-Day Training Course
The Oxford Advanced
Exploration and Critique of Modern Day Leadership and Management
This 10-day, The Advanced Management Programme training course is designed to provide practicing or potential leaders with the knowledge and skills required by the role. This training course enables leaders to critically explore the key idea that the most important function of a leader is to help their people move through the stages of team development.
At the same time, this training course is also designed for practicing or aspiring managers to consider the skills and competencies required as a competent manager at all levels in the organization and to begin the process of developing the necessary skills.
In this Oxford Management Centre training course you will focused on how to:
- Communicate effectively throughout the organization
- Balance the conflicting priorities of your role
- Solve problems and make decisions in a structured way
- Adapt your leadership style to the situation
- Achieve results through your team
This course is split in two modules:
Each module is structured and can be taken as a stand-alone training course; however, delegates will maximise their benefits by taking Module 1 and 2 back-to-back as a 2-week training course.
By the end of this training Course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the wide range of skills required of the leader
- Build confidence and ability in leadership skills
- Understand the impact of change on teams
- Generate a strategy for improvement of these key skills in each team member through coaching and mentoring
- Develop their understanding of the skills and competencies required by the competent manager
- Consider the role of negotiation, influencing and persuasion for the competent manager
This Advanced Management Programme course is based on a combination of interactive activities - group and individual exercises, case studies, and discussions - along with formal delivery of the latest theory and thinking.
The environment will be a supportive one in which individuals with varying degrees of experience will be encouraged to share the approaches they currently use as well as try out new ones that they encounter on the Course. The training Course leader will be on hand to answer any questions a delegate may have and to act as a facilitator for building and applying new approaches.We aim for this to be an enjoyable as well as a learning experience and feel that the mix of style and learning techniques will prove valuable to those that attend.
In sending delegates to this Oxford Management Centre training course, the sponsoring organizations can expect to gain the following benefits:
- Understand the link between values and behavior standards in their teams and staff
- Exposure and practice techniques in competencies which are essential in the role of an effective leader
- See the benefit of integrating such competencies to provide a proactive support to their managers within an organization
In attending this The Oxford Advanced Management Programme online training course, delegates can expect to gain the following benefits:
- Develop a culture of continuous sustainable development through the ability to analyze their leadership style and their impact on the team
- Embed positive behavioral change in the minds of leaders that will bring increased productivity and performance
- Gain improved confidence and gain an understanding of how leadership qualities can be transposed to new tasks and new teams
- Learn how to manage teams and individuals
- Develop an understanding of different approaches to management, including leadership styles
Who Should Attend?
This training course is suitable for:
- Any professionals who need to address leadership topics
- Those current leaders who do not exploit their personal skills as much as their organizations would like them to, and those who would like to achieve a breakthrough in their personal skills
- All professionals in all functional areas of the organization and to those who are aspiring to a management position
- All business professionals who manage teams or have a direct reporting line
- Business professionals who have a strong interest in enhancing their personal leadership credentials & who are embarking on a new management career path
- Management Professionals who are making the transition to leadership and who want to power charge their teams to excel
Module I: The Oxford Leadership Course
The Leadership Challenge
- Leading the Team into the Future
- Leadership and The Change Curve
- Determining the Characteristics of Effective Leaders
- The Importance of Leadership Self-Awareness
- Creating an Environment where People Flourish
- The Impact of Leadership on Teams
- Action Centred Leadership
- The Importance of Perception in the Workplace
The Importance of Delivering a Compelling Message
- The Science of Communication Filters
- How to Structure a Compelling Message?
- The Importance of Body Language in a Presentation
- How to Use Tone to Create Impact?
- Delivering Best in Class Presentations
- The Art of Asking Questions. Seeking First to Understand
- Listening with Intent
- Identifying and Overcoming Your Communication Problems
Leader Essentials: Team Problem Solving and Decision Making
- The Importance of Understanding Why People Contribute in Different Ways
- A Team Working Profiling Tool
- The 80/20 Rule
- Methods to Help Prioritisation
- A Structured Approach to Problem Solving
- How our Bias Affects the Decisions We Make?
- How to Select and Evaluate Options?
- Accelerating Decision Making at Work
Leading Through Negotiation
- How Behavioural Style Affects Negotiations?
- Transactional Analysis
- Building Strong Relationships with Negotiation
- Negotiating with Peers
- Negotiation Structure
- Trading Concessions
- Understanding the Importance of Interests in Negotiation
Leadership and Motivation
- Can a Manager Motivate
- Understanding Motivators and De Motivators
- The Link between Money and Motivation
- Using Delegation to Motivate
- The Essential Role of Feedback
- Giving Feedback in Action
- Personal Leadership Development Plans
Module II: The Competent Manager
Course Introduction and Objectives
- Reviewing the Role of the Competent Manager
- Identifying the Skills and Competencies Required by the Role
- Understanding How Management has to Adapt to Culture
- The New Business Reality and its Impact on Managers
- Building a Professional Development Plan
- Creating Business Culture within our Team
- Creating Minimum Behavioural Standards
- Risk, Reward and Motivation
Establishing the Difference Between Management and Leadership
- Reviewing Alternative Approaches to Management
- Establishing your Own Leadership and Management Style
- Identifying the Impact Your Leadership and Management Style has on Your Team
- Learning that Personality Styles and Assigning Responsibility are Linked
- Understanding the Mindset of Your Staff
- How to Run Effective Team Meetings?
- How to Hold Performance Improvement Meeting?
- Time Management
Understanding the Performance Management Cycle
- Identifying and Agreeing Individual and Team Objectives
- Ensuring Everything is in Place for Excellent Performance
- Monitoring Performance
- Reviewing Performance and Giving Feedback
- Effective Questioning Techniques
- Silent Coaching to Improve Individual Performance
- Listening - A Manager's Greatest Weapon
- 4 Quadrant Model of Motivation
Identifying Stages of Team Development
- Understanding the Difference between a Group and a Team
- Different Team Roles and their contribution to a Successful Team
- Identifying and Planning Effective Team Development
- How to Present our Ideas to the Team?
- Communication Tools for Managers
- The Relationship Bank Account
- Deposits and Withdrawals
- Creating a Culture of Recognition
- The Recognition Formula
Negotiation Styles and When They Might be Appropriate
- Influencing Your Line Manager, Colleagues and Customer
- Identifying Appropriate Opportunities and Strategies for Persuasion
- Negotiation Secrets to Help You Win
- Letting the other Person Save Face
- Case Study of Elite Negotiators
- Continuing Development Schedule
- Readers are Leaders
Oxford Management Centre Certificate will be provided to delegates who successfully completed the training course.
All Training Courses delivered by Oxford Management by default are eligible for CPE Credit.