An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Infographics & Data Analytics for Oil & Gas Reporting
Graphic and Image Presentation
Data Analysis and Professional Reporting Style
The easy access to a large datasets globally has imposed numerous challenges to firms especially Oil and Gas companies, which require sophisticated data analysis techniques and reporting style when making optimal decisions. In today’s world the availability of massive data and cheaper data storage makes it difficult to make your message seen and accepted by the people without advanced analytical knowledge. Once the data is collected, it is critical to analysis and present in a way that makes sense to the end user. In other words, you have to visualize the data.
Information graphics or info-graphics are graphic visual representations of information, data or knowledge intended to present complex information quickly and clearly. The main objective is making the data easily understandable at a glance.
The presentation of data through Info-graphics uses a combination of graphs and charts that are focused on the main story that you want to tell to the audience. The key elements of the info-graphics are the visual, the content and the knowledge.
The use of Info-graphics is popular across all sectors and recently, Oil and Gas companies began using info-graphics in their data presentations. This Info-graphics & Data Analytics for Oil & Gas Reporting training course is aimed to equip the delegates with necessary skills to analyze numerical data, reporting and using graphics to present the data accurately.
This Oxford Management Centre Info-graphics & Data Analytics for Oil & Gas training course will highlight:
- What is the Info-graphic, what makes them a great tool for the presentation?
- How to plan the design of Info-graphic?
- How to tell a focused story?
- How to use data to support your presentation?
- Using effective combination of graphs and charts to create Info-graphic
- Visualizing the information
- How to combine presentation tools?
- Use of the different software for creating info-graphics
This training course aims to provide professionals and analysts’ in Oil and Gas companies, the necessary tools needed to present the abundance of data in one effective info-graphic, using available software like Tableau Public app. They will enhance their skills of using info-graphics to present the data in a way that can be readily communicated to others in the organization.
At the end of this Info-graphics & Data Analytics for Oil & Gas training course, you will learn:
- Common analytical techniques and representation methods using Info-graphics
- The ability to recognize the types of analysis are best suited to Oil and Gas companies
- Understand what is important in designing Info-graphics
- Learn how to plan the Info-graphic
- Develop their skills in using presentation software
- Learn the steps in creating Info-graphic
- Create graphs from the data
- Combine graphs and charts to effectively support the story-line
- Understand the best ways to test and promote their Info-graphic
This Info-graphics & Data Analytics for Oil & Gas Reporting training course adopts a problem-based learning approach, in which delegates are presented with a series of examples from Oil and Gas and other sectors like Supply Chain and Logistics to quality control.
Delegates will spend almost all the time exploring Excel’s data analysis and representation functionality, the concept of Info-graphics and its application in practice, as well as Tableau Public app, as well as other apps available online.
Individuals exposed to this Info-graphics & Data Analytics for Oil & Gas Reporting training course will develop new insights into the use of Excel and the field of data analysis, and they will learn why data analysis technique is essential to delivering the right quality products and services at the lowest costs. They will improve their report writing skills and integrate graphics into data presentation.
The organization will acquire structured and effective method to present and promote their solutions, activities, ideas, and in general messages they would like to present to the clients or stakeholders.
- Benefiting from clarifying and summarizing the complex information
- Train the workforce to adopt effective and concise method for presenting information
- Adopt organized and planned way of analysis and presentation of data
- Reveal the hidden relationship between the data analyzed
- Improve the comprehension of the complex processes
- Provide a clear, focused, and data supported messages to the clients and stakeholders
- Be able to stand out from the crowd with the clear and effective messages
- Maintain or improve their public image
This Info-graphics & Data Analytics for Oil & Gas training course teaches the competencies that enable participants to:
- Lean how to recognize the patterns in the data
- Develop an image dominant presentation to present the required message
- Learn the steps of creating the effective Info-graphic
- Acquire the knowledge how to work on the Info-graphic alone, or as a member of the team
- Learn how to combine different presentation software
- Learn how to eliminate the unnecessary so that the important data can be emphasized
- Use the positive critique to improve your presentation skills
Who Should Attend?
This Info-graphics & Data Analytics for Oil & Gas Reporting training course has been designed for Oil and Gas professionals whose jobs involve the manipulation, representation, interpretation and/or analysis of data. Familiarity with a PC and in particular with Microsoft Excel is assumed.
This training course involves extensive computer-based data analysis using Excel 2010 and therefore delegates will be expected to be numerate and to enjoy working with numerical data on a computer. This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Marketing Specialist
- Project Managers
- Public Relations Specialists
- Marketing Managers
- Campaign Managers
- Business Development Managers
- Operational Managers involved in the data analysis
- Financial Managers
- Risk Managers
- Board Level Executives and Non-executives
Amongst a wide range of interesting topics, the following will be prioritized
- Fundamental Statistics
- Info-graphics Techniques using Excel
- Basic of Oil and Gas Data Mining and Representation
- Frequency Analysis
- The Importance of Regression Analysis in Oil and Gas Companies
- Confidence Interval
- Hypothesis Testing
Introduction and Descriptive Statistics
- What is Data Analysis?
- A reminder of elementary statistics and compensations for small sample sizes
- A Quick-start Tutorial for Excel
- Describing Data Sets using Statistics
- Representing Data Sets Graphically
- How to create Info-graphic in Excel
- How Info-graphics Data Presentation compares to the Traditional Methods
Frequency and Time Series Analysis
- Frequency of Occurrence
- Pareto Analysis
- How Excel Dashboard is Different from Info-graphics
- How to combine Excel and Power Point for Creating Info-graphics
- Time Series and Trend Analysis
- Estimation Theory and Its Relevant to Oil and Gas Data
Scenario Analysis, Confidence and Six Sigma
- Modelling Scenario and their Application in Oil and Gas Companies
- Interactive Spreadsheets
- Confidence Intervals
- Usefulness of Control Chart for Oil and Gas Companies
- Error Bars
- Online Tools for Creating Info-graphics
- Practical Creation of Info-graphic using real Data
Regression Analysis Equations and System Modeling
- Simple Regression Analysis
- Polynomial Curve Fits
- Describing Data Using Equations
- The Applications of Regression to Oil and Gas Companies
- Analysis Of Variance (ANOVA)
- Comparing Different Types of Info-graphics
The Info-graphics Creation and Critique
- Presenting Data Using Appropriate Reporting Style
- Practice Creating the Info-graphics and Its Presentation
- Focus on the Storytelling
- Overall Review of Concepts Learned and How they can be applied in practice
Oxford Management Centre Certificate will be provided to delegates who successfully completed the training course.