An Interactive 5-Day Training Course
Event Management Specialist
Planning and Delivering Successful Events
This Oxford Event Management Specialist training Course is a must for anyone aiming to include events as part of their Public Relations and Marketing activities. The face to face communication opportunities created by events provide business people with the most powerful of opportunities to influence their colleagues, clients and investors. Smooth well run events reflect well on any business building its reputation and standing.
This Oxford training Course provides a comprehensive grounding in all the basics of event management allowing attendees to effectively organise their own events or more closely manage contractors organising events for them.
Key highlights of this Oxford training Course are:
- What events can do for your PR and marketing strategy?
- Scheduling techniques to plan and deliver an event
- Practical hints and tips on venue choice, stage management and different types of dining
- Managing the media at your events to multiply outcomes
- Advice on looking after guests and protocol for VIPs
At the end of this training Course, delegates will have an understanding of the application of events as part of their PR or Marketing strategy:
- Delegates will be able to schedule and plan an event
- Delegates will be familiar with a range of events they are likely to engage in and the requirements for their successful delivery
- Delegates will be able to identify the most appropriate venues and activities for their events
- Delegates will be able to manage the media at their events with confidence
- Delegates will be able to troubleshoot event plans to identify potential problem areas before they emerge
This Oxford Event Management Specialist training will be delivered through a combination of presentations, group discussion and group exercises. Delegates will be encouraged to ask questions as the training Course progresses relevant to their own backgrounds and company requirements.
This Oxford training Course will culminate in a group exercise in which delegates will have an opportunity to apply what has been discussed over the previous five days.
- Greater value for money from events
- More focused events as part of their PR or Marketing strategy which will build and maintain their reputation
- More memorable events aimed at the right people
- An in-house resource capable of either organising events directly
- Staff better informed to provide project oversight of event management suppliers
- Staff capable of ensuring tight budgetary and scheduling control over events
- Increased confidence to tackle event management or oversight of event management suppliers
- A strong theoretical basis upon which to make decisions about the best type and format of event to employ
- Greater understanding of the processes involved in event management
- An understanding of the main elements in event organisation
- More focused activity aided by simple checklists and manuals
- Better time management facilitating the opportunity for greater creativity
Who Should Attend?
This Oxford Event Management Specialist training Course is relevant to anyone likely to have responsibility for the delivery of events for their organisation but new to the concepts and practicalities of this facet of corporate communications.
- Middle and senior managers tasked with the direct delivery of events or oversight of specialist sub-contractors
- Senior operational managers with responsibility for managing teams whose role includes event management
- Senior managers up to Board level with responsibility for the strategic use of events as part of the organisation’s PR and marketing strategy and their effective deployment
The Role of Events in a Public Relations or Marketing Strategy
- An Overview of Public Relations and How Events fit in
- The PR Transfer Process and the Six Point PR Plan
- Strengths and Weaknesses of events as a form of Communication
- Choosing the Event to fit the Objective and Audience
- A Review of the Different Types of Event Available
- Writing a Successful Event Proposal
Event Planning, the Theory and Practice
- Scheduling - the long term plan
- Event Running Order - timing of an event
- Budget - Staff, Time, Materials Money
- Choosing the Best Venue for your purpose
- Layout for Different Events - Seating, etc.
Stage Management, Dining and Entertainment, Health and Safety
- “Stage Management” of the Event
- Ensuring the Event is On-message and On-brand
- Welcome Desk - Set up and Management
- Sets, Staging and Corporate Identity
- Catering, Entertainment and Music at your Event
- Staying Safe - Risk Assessment and Events
Managing the Media at Your Events
- Generating News through an Event
- Inviting the Media - invitations and press releases
- The Press Office, Press Pack and Gifts
- Conducting Interviews and Briefing Interviewees
- Creating a Lasting Record - Filming and Photography
- Involving your In-house Media
Invitations, VIPs and Bringing It all Together
- Invitation Process for Different and Protocols
- Working with VIPs
- Meet and Greet
- Hosting and Farewell
- Building an Event Management Team
Oxford Management Centre Certificate will be provided to delegates who successfully completed the training course.
All Training Courses delivered by Oxford Management by default are eligible for CPE Credit.