An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Cash Forecasting & Financing, Investment, Business Valuation, and Risk Management
Creating Business Value from Appropriate Financing & Investment in Conditions of Uncertainty
You may think your financial knowledge and know-how are adequate and up-to-date – but it probably is not!
This Cash Forecasting & Financing, Investment, Business Valuation, and Risk training course will update and develop your skills of analysing financial information and the key risks faced in today’s uncertain economic, political, and physical global business environment. It will guide you through the key steps of cash forecasting, identifying alternative financing sources, evaluating new investments, and business valuation.
Throughout this Oxford Management Centre training course, you will be able to relate your learning to real-world issues and problems. You will develop your ability to improve cash flow and profitability and generate value through acquiring the financial skills and technical knowledge that will enable you to manage more effectively.
By the end of this Cash Forecasting & Financing, Investment, Business Valuation, and Risk training course, you will be able to:
- Integrate the working capital cash operating cycle into the development of cash flow forecast models
- Evaluate the alternative sources of long-term financing and their costs and the weighted average cost of capital (WACC)
- Apply the vital technique of discounted cash flow (DCF) for capital project investment appraisal using next present value (NPV), internal rate of return (IRR), modified internal rate of return (MIRR), and equivalent annual cost (EAC)
- Consider the range of reasons for business valuation and apply alternative valuation models.
- Use the analytical tools to evaluate business and financial risk, and manage interest rate and foreign currency exchange rate exposure risk
This training course will utilise a variety of proven highly interactive adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes syndicate and individual exercises, relevant DVD and case studies and role-play exercises. A comprehensive e-version of the training course manual including copies of all slides, handouts and checklists will be provided.
Who Should Attend?
This Cash Forecasting & Financing, Investment, Business Valuation, and Risk training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Project managers and other professionals
- Finance directors, chief financial officers (CFOs), controllers and treasurers responsible for the financial management of the organisation
- An any other financial and non-financial managers who wish to improve, refresh, and update their understanding of financial information analysis and their application to effective decision-making
Financial Planning and Forecasting Cash Flows
- Financial Management – Scope and Role
- Basic Financial Statements – Uses and Contents
- Financial Statement Analysis & Evaluation
- Cash Flow Statement – Evaluating the Past
- Time Series Analysis, Correlation and Regression
Working Capital Management & Optimal Cash Level
- Forecasting Future Cash Flows & Cash Budgets
- Cash vs Profit – Cash is King!
- Optimal Level of Cash – Boumol Model vs Miller-Orr Model
- Cash Conversion Cycle – Calculations & Implications
- Working Capital Management – Optimal Level and Approaches
Financing and Investment Appraisal – Creating Value
- Sources of Finance – Internal and External
- Cost of Equity, Cost of Debt, and the Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC)
- Choosing the Right Mix of Capital – Capital Structure Decision
- Capital Project Investment Analysis – Capital Budgeting
- Accounting Rate of Return (ARR) and Payback Method
- DCF Methods: Net Present Value (NPV), Internal Rate of Return (IRR), Modified IRR (MIRR), and Equivalent Annual Cost (EAC)
- Capital Project Risk Analysis: Sensitivity Analysis, Scenario Analysis, and Simulation
Business Valuation – Alternative Models and Applications
- Business Valuation Overview and Uses
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Management Buyouts (MBOs), Management Buy ins (MBIs) and Leveraged Buyouts (LBOs)
- Restructuring and Reorganization
- Business Valuation Techniques
- Discounted Cash Flow
- Comparable Companies Analysis
- Case Study – Application of DCF Valuation Technique
- Case Study – Application of Comparable Comps Valuation Technique
Managing Financial Risk
- Uncertainty and Risk – Business Risk and Financial Risk
- Predicting Financial Distress and Corporate Failures
- Financial Risk Management; Strategies and Hedging Techniques
- Derivatives – Forwards, Futures, Options and Swaps
- Managing Interest Rate Risk and Foreign Exchange Risk
Oxford Management Centre Certificate will be provided to delegates who successfully completed the training course.