An Interactive 10-Day Training Course
The Executive Management & Leadership Development Programme
Expanding Your Communication, Emotional Intelligence and Strategic Planning Techniques
A management position requires the holder to perform a number of roles simultaneously: strategist, team-builder, innovator, decision-maker, mentor and leader. Success at a management level involves integrating the requirements of these roles with confidence and assurance.
This uniquely designed training course on 'The Executive Management & Leadership Development Programme' offers existing Supervisors, Team Leaders & professionals, and those being prepared for promotion to a senior level, the opportunity to develop the awareness, understanding, knowledge and skills. This training course will enable them to maximise their performance and success in today’s fast-changing and demanding business environment.
It will help Supervisors, Team Leaders & professionals answer the following questions:
- What are my leadership strengths and weaknesses?
- What can I do to mitigate the weaknesses?
- How can I improve my emotional intelligence?
- What can I do to lead my people more effectively?
- How can I develop a vision for my area of responsibility?
- What is strategy, and how do I plan for the future?
- Is there a proven process for planning and change?
- How do I ensure that I can implement what gets planned?
This course is split in two modules:
Module 1: Leading with Emotional Intelligence
Module 2: Strategic Planning & Goal Setting
Each module is structured and can be taken as a stand-alone training course; however, delegates will maximise their benefits by taking Module 1 and 2 back-to-back as a 2-week training course.
By the end of this training course, you will be able to:
- Gain an honest and accurate awareness of Yourself
- Monitor and adapt your own emotions and behaviours for your benefit and that of your Team & Department
- Have a positive influence on the emotions and motivation of others
- Create an atmosphere that fosters emotional intelligence
- Adaptability in dealing with different personalities
- Understand and apply the psychology of leadership
- To study the design of visionary strategic plans
- To consider how to translate strategic plans into action plans
- To examine a model for organisational self-assessment
- To provide insights into strategic planning problems to avoid
- To highlight examples of strategic success and failure
- To understand the nature of the organisational life cycle
- To provide insights into productive contingency planning
The Executive Management & Leadership Development Programme will combine tutor-led presentations with interactive practical exercises, supported by video material and case studies. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively in relating the principles of emotional intelligence and strategic planning to the particular needs of their workplace.
- Improve teamwork and teambuilding skills through greater emotional intelligence
- Enhance cooperation through better relationship building skills
- Develop an emotionally intelligence work environment
- More efficient allocation of resources
- Greater flexibility in the organisation
- Improved operating performance
- Learn how to cultivate emotional intelligence competencies
- Effectively manage your own emotions & emotions of others
- Personal growth as an emotionally intelligent leader
- Understand the different personality styles
- Sharper focus on the challenges and opportunities of the future
- More creative and transforming strategic plans
Who Should Attend?
- Supervisors and Management Professionals
- Team Leaders & Professionals who want to create an emotionally healthy, productive workplace and organizational culture to enhance their effectiveness and their ability to form trusting relationships and manage their frustrations and those of others at work
This Oxford Management Centre training course will keep you current on recent, cutting-edge developments in leadership theory and practice, and help you better collaborate and manage conflict.
This training course will also help Supervisors, Team Leaders & Professionals in all industries who are involved with the strategic planning process for their unit or the whole organization including budgeting, contingency planning, strategy design, implementation, leadership and monitoring.
Module 1: Leading with Emotional Intelligence: Psychology of Leadership
Introduction to Emotional Intelligence
- Understanding Emotional Intelligence & its Components
- Significance of EQ to Effective Leadership
- Importance of Perception
- Attitudes & Behavior of Leaders
- Consequences of Low EQ to Personal Effectiveness
- Removing Emotional Blindspots
Psychology of Leadership
- Theories of Leadership
- Importance of Self-concept
- Understanding Personality Styles
- Optimizing our Personality Strengths
- Adaptability in Dealing with Different Personalities
- Task vs. Relationship Oriented Leadership
Apply Psychology in Leading in an Emotionally Intelligent Way
- Enhancing Self-awareness
- Empathy: Increase Your Level of Social Awareness
- Delegating Tasks and Responsibilities
- Influencing and Inspiring People
- Identifying Personality Disorders
- Managing difficult Behaviour & Poor Performance
Building an Emotionally Intelligent Team based on Psychological Principles
- Importance of EQ to Team Effectiveness
- Motivating a High Performance Team
- Building Unified Teams
- EQ for Building Trusting Relationships
- Conflict Resolution for Promoting Consensus & Collaboration
- Increase the EQ of Your Teams & Entire Organisation
Communication for Successful Leadership
- Giving & Receiving Feedback
- Psychology of Persuasion
- Creating an Inspiring Vision
- Solving People Problems at Work
- Non-alienation for High EQ Leadership
- Developing Leadership Integrity
Module 2: Strategic Planning & Goal Setting: Setting Business Goals, Targets & Deliverables
Strategy, Strategic Planning and Competitive Positioning
- Introduction to the training course – structure and content
- Strategy - concept and significance
- “Competitive Positioning” vs. “Blue Sky” Approaches
- Achieving Competitive Advantage through Flexibility and Agility
- The Interaction of Strategy, Structure and Business Processes
- Gathering Information and Intelligence for The SWOT Analysis
- Mini-cases and Group Discussion – “Cost vs. Differentiation”
Strategic Intent, Strategic Choice and Balancing Scorecards
- Vision and Mission Statements - preparing for the future
- Business Analysis and Contingency Planning
- Strategic Choice
- Converting The SWOT Analysis into the “Strategy Matrix”
- Strategy Formulation – programmes, projects, policies
- Transforming the Organization - strategy implementation and managing change
- Mini-case and Group Discussion – “Major strategic re-orientation”
Assessing the Current State of the Organization
- Leadership and Management in Relation to Strategy
- Customer and Market Focus
- Human Resources and Knowledge Management
- Building a Strategic Planning Team
- Effective Process Management to Achieve Business Results
- Monitoring and Measuring Business Performance
- Mini-case and Group Discussion – “A market entry problem”
Strategic Planning Best Practice Whilst Avoiding the Pitfalls
- The Strategy Life-cycle and The Problem of Strategic Drift
- Getting Innovative thinking into The Organization
- The Potentially Negative Dimensions of Success
- How to Avoid 'Paralysis by Analysis'?
- Overcoming Inability to Evaluate Fresh Ideas, Denying The Truth and Thinking Inside The Box
- The Critical Importance of Good Planning Team Dynamics
- Mini-case and Group Discussion – “How and why a good organization can go bad?”
Personal Strategic Planning
- Applying Strategic Tools and Techniques to the Individual
- Personal Goal Setting, Creating a Personal Strategic Plan
- Implementing Change - achieving progress as a strategic manager
- The Mix of Competencies and Personal Skills required in 21st Century Business
- Executing Strategy - how to break it down and get it done?
- Developing Inspiration and Gathering Support
- Overcoming Adversity by Leveraging your Skills and Building on Success
- Conclusion - a personal role in the strategic planning and goal setting processes
Oxford Management Centre Certificate will be provided to delegates who successfully completed the training course.
All Training Courses delivered by Oxford Management by default are eligible for CPE Credit.