An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Planning and Managing PR Campaigns
Public Relation’s Most Powerful Tool
Public relations campaigns can help drive strategic organisational change, build public perceptions and drive reputation with key stakeholders. Well planned and executed campaigns are a cost-effective means of changing perceptions and increasing stakeholder value for an organisation.
This powerful Oxford PR Campaign Management training Course takes a problem solving approach to the design of PR campaigns.
In this Oxford Management Centre training course, you will learn:
- Powerful Planning Tools
- A Wealth of Practical Frameworks
- The range of PR campaigns and the purposes that they can achieve
- A problem-solving approach to match PR campaign strategy to business objectives
- To Plan PR campaigns to meet need setting clear objectives with behavioural outcomes and measurable results
- To Measure risk presented during a campaign by increased public and media scrutiny and to plan to mitigate these risks
- How to evaluate PR campaigns to demonstrate success to the business and to develop campaign methodology
Who Should Attend?
This Oxford PR Campaign Management training Course has been designed for PR practitioners / professionals and for senior professionals elsewhere in the organisation who want to use PR / communications tools to best effect in meeting business objectives.
It is relevant to anyone likely to have responsibility for the delivery of PR Campaigns for their organisation but is relatively new to the concepts and practicalities of this facet of corporate communications.
- Middle and senior managers tasked with the direct delivery of campaigns or oversight of specialist sub-contractors
- Senior operational managers with responsibility for managing teams whose role includes PR Campaigns
- Senior managers up to Board level with responsibility for the strategic use of Public Relations
- The PR Transfer Process and Communications Theory
- The Six Point PR Plan Framework for Campaigns
- Identifying your Publics and assessing what your Stakeholders Think
- Applying Creativity to Messaging
- Choosing the Right Titles for the Right Audience
- Mass Media News Generation and Management
- Conducting Interviews and Briefing Interviewees
- Managing Filming
- The Role of Corporate Websites
- Social Media in Campaigns
- Using VIPs or Celebrities
Oxford Management Centre Certificate will be provided to delegates who successfully completed the training course.