An Interactive 5-Day Training Course
Managing Project Stakeholders
Plan and Manage Effective Stakeholder Engagement
This Managing Project Stakeholders training course will help you to cultivate your skills and knowledge of stakeholders. It includes the processes required to identify the people, groups or organisations that could impact or be impacted by a project, before moving on to analyze stakeholder expectations and develop appropriate management strategies for engaging stakeholders.
Do you properly involve stakeholders on your projects? Have you ever had a key stakeholder complain they don’t know what is going on? Have you delivered products into the business only to find users don’t like the new system or worse don’t even use it? Projects will not be successful without regular continuous close contact interactions with all the stakeholders. This training course will provide you with a traditional stakeholder management process but will also go further by examining communications management, project leadership, governance, and change management.
Participants attending the Managing Project Stakeholders training course will develop the following competencies in line with the PMI A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge Seventh Edition:
- To confidently identify stakeholders
- Plan and manage effective stakeholder engagement
- Plan and carry out effective communications using persuasive messages
- Monitor stakeholder engagement
This Managing Project stakeholders training course aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Use techniques to identify all stakeholders
- Determine stakeholder requirements and expectations
- Determine interest and level of influence
- Plan how to communicate with influence using change management techniques
- Build expectations through project information
- Monitor stakeholder engagement, adjusting if relationships are breaking down
This Managing Project Stakeholder training course is highly interactive & practical. Participants learn through a range of teaching & personal development methods including presentations with instructor-guided interactive discussions between participants relating to their individual interests. Practical exercises, short team exercises, video material & real-life case studies aiming at stimulating these discussions & providing maximum benefit to the participants. Active participation & involvement will be encouraged throughout the training course to promote the sharing of ideas & expertise within the group.
Who Should Attend?
This Oxford Management Centre training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals, but will be particularly beneficial to:
- Business Functional Management or personnel
- Team Leaders / Workstream Leaders
- Project Sponsors / Project Managers
- PMO staff
- Project basics
- Stakeholder definition
- Stakeholder identification techniques
- Project Governance
- Internal & external stakeholders
- Project leadership
- Power, interest and influence
- Stakeholder salience
- Stakeholder mapping
- Setting expectations using the Project Mission
- Public relations
- The art of active listening
- Determining requirements
Plan your Stakeholder Tactics
- Planning Stakeholder Management
- Change Management
- Traditional vs iterative project management
- Lean project management
- Project branding
- Negotiation and delegation
- Importance of verbal, vocal and visual communication
- Assertive communication to control situations
- Giving and receiving criticism
- Resolving conflicts constructively
- Risk management
Manage and Control Stakeholder Engagement
- Project control - How are you?
- Earned Value Management
- Change and Issue logs
- Benefits Plan
- Post Project Review
- Celebrate milestones and success with stakeholders
Oxford Management Centre Certificate will be provided to delegates who successfully completed the training course.
All Training Courses delivered by Oxford Management by default are eligible for CPE Credit.