An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Managing Corporate & Islamic Finance and Corporate Governance
Optimizing Corporate and Shareholder Value
What is appropriate financing? What are the necessary financial tools and techniques? How are they implemented? This essential and exciting Course answers your questions, bringing to life theoretical principles using contemporary practical examples. Following the global financial crisis of 2008 and the continuing downward pressure on oil prices, excellence in financial management and use of the most appropriate financing (including Islamic finance) has become a number one priority for all organisations to ensure their survival and future prosperity.
The Managing Corporate & Islamic Finance and Corporate Governance training Course is presented in a very hands-on way to suit individuals with varying levels of financial knowledge and experience. The Instructor’s own commercial career experiences and many other real-world business scenarios are shared throughout this stimulating Course to provide a thorough training in the subjects covered, and illustrate and reinforce the practical application of best practice. Workshop principles are followed that include presentations, worked examples and group discussion, promoting exchange of ideas to provide an enjoyable and interactive experience.
By the end of this Oxford Management Centre training Course, you will have significantly upskilled to enable you to:
- Use the financial tools and techniques necessary to create corporate and shareholder value and achieve the primary corporate objective of shareholder wealth maximisation
- Identify the various types and appropriate uses of corporate and Islamic financing to optimise your organisation’s capital structure and minimise its weighted average cost of capital (WACC)
- Appraise domestic and international capital project investments using discounted cash flow (DCF) techniques
- Develop long-term financial planning models and provide the necessary framework for appropriate financial strategies
- Manage financial risk exposures arising from interest rates and foreign currency exchange rates volatility, and the use of hedging and financial derivatives
- Consider how corporate behaviour impacts on achievement of corporate objectives and appreciate the importance of corporate governance in influencing corporate behaviour
Who Should Attend?
A wide range of professionals from companies, corporations and government organisations: all those employed in banking and financial services; all professionals having financial, project management, planning, treasury, and cash management responsibilities; all senior and director level managers, and any financial and non-financial professionals that need or wish to learn more about the management of corporate and Islamic finance, and corporate governance.
- Corporate Finance and the Corporate Financial Objectives of Corporate Value and Shareholder Value Creation and Maximisation of Shareholder Wealth
- The Capital Markets and Financial Institutions – Sources of Long-Term and Short-Term Financing and Financial Risk
- Cost of Equity, Cost of Debt, and WACC, and Capital Structure Optimisation Models
- Financial Planning and Modelling Using Excel and Determination of Funding Requirements
- The Bases of Islamic Finance and Islamic Banking Financial Instruments
- Domestic and International Capital Project Investment Appraisal and Financing, using DCF Techniques of NPV, IRR, MIRR, EAC, and PI
- The Impact on Corporate Financial Objectives of Interest Rate and Foreign Currency Exchange Rate Financial Risk Exposures
- The Agency Problem and Corporate Governance and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Reporting in the Annual Report and Accounts
- The UK Corporate Governance Code 2016, USA Sarbanes-Oxley Act 2002, and GCC and other Countries Corporate Governance
- The Board of Directors and Auditors, the Role of Non-Executive Directors and Nomination, Remuneration, and Internal Audit Committee
Oxford Management Centre Certificate will be provided to delegates who successfully completed the training course.