An Interactive 5-Day Training Course
Tendering & Supplier Selection
Creating the Supplier Relationship
This five day intensive training course on Effective Purchasing, Tendering & Supplier Selection is aimed at developing and furthermore strengthening the understanding of the crucial role played by the supplier in delivering customer service excellence through an effective supply chain.
Participants will learn how to evaluate the performance of both potential and current suppliers as well as assessing the factors that comprise an effective tender.
The course will also cover effective negotiations that bring long term value to the organisation.
The key highlights of the Oxford Management Centre training course are:
- Communication and Negotiation
- Supplier Management
- Measuring Performance
This training course intends to achieve an improvement of the knowledge and understanding of the delegates; by the end of this Course you will learn to:
- Identify and reduce procurement risk through development of a plan of action
- Enable improved performance from your existing suppliers through evaluation and performance measurement
- Understand and strengthen your supply chain
- Award contracts on the basis of measured performance / criteria
- Provide a working understanding of the Negotiation process
This course will combine interactive presentations, case studies, participant activities and exercises to maximise the impact of the learning experience. Delegates will have ample time to consider the ideas and apply the skills discussed.
This Effective Purchasing, Tendering & Supplier Selection training Course will cover both practical and theoretical aspects of purchasing.
The organisation will benefit by:
- Improve the performance of established suppliers
- Deliver materials and services at reduced cost and increased value
- Raise the profile of purchasing within the company
- Retain money within the company through more productive negotiations
- Improve the professionalism of those within the purchasing function
- Drive improvement through identifying current problems and weaknesses
As a result of this training course, delegates will:
- Understand the fundamental tools of effective purchasing
- Operate with increased confidence when dealing with suppliers
- Manage internal relationships more effectively
- Better deliver improved negotiated outcomes
- Use measurement as a key tool in driving supplier improvement
- Understand the key elements of a well-structured tender
Who Should Attend?
This training Course is suitable for:
- Purchasing Professionals
- Those involved in defining the specification and evaluating supplier performance
- Those involved in preparing and analysing bids
- Those with an involvement in supplier relationships
- Those whose role involves negotiation with outside agencies
What is the Role of Purchasing in the Company?
- Introduction to Purchasing and its Contribution to the Organisation
- Purchasing Process and Cycle of Procurement
- Positioning Purchasing within the Company
- Vision, Mission and Value of Purchasing
- Where to find Performance Improvement?
Developing the Purchasing Strategy
- Developing Purchase Agreements
- Importance of being involved in Creating the Specification
- Supplier Selection Methodology
- Criteria for Pre-qualifying Suppliers
- Integrating the Supplier Selection Process
Selecting the Right Supplier & Evaluating Performance
- Conditioning the Supplier to Meet Your Requirement
- The Total Cost Approach to Purchasing
- Analysing Cost
- Analysing Value
- Life Cycle Costing
Tendering and Analysing The Bid
- Process Needs
- Types of Tender
- Electronic Commerce / E Auctions
- Evaluating a Bid Objectively
- Methods of Payment
Negotiating the Contract and Preparing a Plan of Improvement Action for Purchasing
- Defining Negotiation
- The Tools of the Negotiation Process
- Phases of a Negotiation
- Obstacles to Effective Negotiation
- Evaluating Performance Gaps
Oxford Management Centre Certificate will be provided to delegates who successfully completed the training course.
All Training Courses delivered by Oxford Management by default are eligible for CPE Credit.