An Intensive 5-day Training Course
The Power of Leaders: The Effective Team Leader & Managing Teams for Innovation and Success
Maximising Interpersonal Relationship Skills to Lead High Performing Teams
The Power of Leaders training course has been specifically developed to demystify the areas and theories around Leadership focusing on some of the key powers needed to lead today, and for the future. The development of Leadership looks at the psychological and behavioural factors to become a truly modern leader in today’s rapidly changing world. Success comes through vision and the alignment of strategy to achieve competitive advantage and sustainability.
However, Leaders need followers, and this comprehensive training course will build strong foundations of skills and knowledge to lead others to achieve phenomenal results. The training course will uncover the power to motivate, inspire and get total engagement from your team. By taking a holistic approach to every phase of teams, managers will learn how to leverage diversity, stimulate engagement, influence others without authority, harness collective intelligence, and implement change. Participants will take away many practical steps to the issues that you face every day at work and be equipped to deal with tough decisions to lead successfully in today’s fast paced environment.
This training coursewill highlight:
- Identify and demystify the best Leadership theories and their application.
- Leadership powers to enable and empower others to greater things.
- The importance of strong working relationships to maximize influence and leverage.
- Creating an agenda of creativity and innovation to meet new challenges.
- Managing conflict constructively and fostering a collaborative culture.
At the end of this training course, you will learn to:
- Focus your leadership to enable and empower others to deliver exceptional results.
- Understand psychological approaches to influence and persuasion, trust, and integrity.
- Develop a strong vision to anchor yours and others aspirations to achieve goals.
- Effectively lead staff by understanding key principles of leadership and motivation.
- Understand the principles of 'effective communication' skills to make sure things get done properly, and on time.
- Understand the value of delegation and prioritizing, so they are more effective and efficient in their work.
This training course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes the use of practical tools and questionnaires to encourage delegates to learn about their own traits and responses to situations before encouraging them to apply new techniques to enhance their effectiveness. This training course is highly participative with interactive exercises throughout.
By attending this Power of Leaders training course, the organisation will benefit from:
- Greater leaders who understand and use their power for the greater good.
- More motivated and inspirational leaders in the organisation.
- Higher levels of organisational performance.
- Increase confidence in decision-making and team meetings.
- Employee engagement, retention and future sustainability
Delegates who attend this Power of Leaders training course will benefit from:
- Greater self-understanding about leadership and the correct way to lead.
- Development of personal resilience and emotional control in times of crisis.
- Enhanced skills and techniques to influence.
- Improve problem solving and analytical skills.
- Engagement by putting the power of innovation to work.
Who Should Attend?
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Directors, Senior Managers and Managers.
- Team leaders and those seeking to step-up to leading people.
- Professionals at all levels seeking to improve their team management skills.
- Managers concerned with competitive advantage and sustainability.
- Those responsible for developing and implementing innovation, initiating, and managing change, improving operational performance, creating and leading high performance teams and demonstrating empowering leadership.
The Leadership Art of Influence, Inspiration and Engagement
- What Defines a Leader?
- Identifying your leadership assessment profile
- Building trust and integrity as a leader
- Harnessing the power of the solution focused approach to lead
- The influence model: Winning hearts and minds
- Turn negative people to positive contributors
- Aligning purpose, productivity and profitability
- Taking emotional intelligence to the next level
Strategic Relationship Building & The Power of Networking
- Why strategic and working relationships matter
- Strategic relationship management and stakeholder mapping
- Creating the clear vision: Clarity of purpose
- Empowering others through the vision
- Applying delegative leadership to problem situations
- Gain the benefits of the importance and influence grid
- The formalities of networking (social media, Seminars Etc.)
- Using change as catalyst for good
Creativity, Thinking Tools, and Innovation
- How our thinking works in respect of creativity and innovation
- Difference between vertical and lateral approaches
- Apply the more fluid style to the left and right hemispheres of the brain
- Creative problem-solving
- Brainstorming & Mind-mapping
- Bisociation, metaphorical thinking & rule reversal.
- Six thinking hats
- Gaining the full benefits of continuous improvement
Building High Performance with Vision and Purpose
- Group dynamics and team performance
- The building blocks of high performing teams
- Improving communications and relationships
- Dealing with poor performance
- Conflict and conformity in group situations
- Delegating and giving feedback
- Team problem solving and decision making
- The power of motivation & empowerment
Driving Up Engagement and Results
- Communicating effectively to your team
- Advanced communication skills: What to listen for?
- Creating a new perspective for an effective meeting
- Creating a coaching leadership style
- Valuing diversity: working with global, culturally diverse teams.
- Avoiding dysfunctional performance
- Delivering more with fewer resources
- Managing time with other people in mind
Oxford Management Centre Certificate will be provided to delegates who successfully completed the training course.