An Interactive 5-Day Online Training Course
The Oxford 5-Day MBA in Finance
Essential Skills to Drive the Business Forward
It is crucial that today's business professionals understand the flow of financial resources. Such an understanding is needed daily; whether it is used to anticipate trends, evaluate company performance or obtain funding. People from non-financial backgrounds are often called upon to make decisions based on modern financial controls, and they must have the know-how to navigate the financial systems that have a significant impact on their professional responsibilities.
This online training course on The Oxford 5-day MBA in Finance is developed to provide business professionals with a deeper understanding of corporate finance as practiced by today's most powerful companies. Designed specifically for non-financial personnel, this intensive online training course approaches the subject of finance as it relates to the corporation as a whole.
The highlights of this Oxford Management Centre online training course include:
- Extensive and deep coverage of the subject area
- Real world approach to the discipline
- Numerous examples based around market data
- Contemporary approach drawing on recent market developments
- Integration with spreadsheet modelling
The Oxford 5-Day MBA in Finance online training course provides delegates with the tools required to find better answers to questions such as:
- What is the appropriate discount rate to be used in investment appraisal?
- What are the pros and cons of different types of financing?
- What factors must be considered in deciding on a dividend policy?
- What is the exact nature and scope of the issue to be analyzed?
- What products are available to manage risk?
- Why is correlation so important in managing risk?
- Which specific variables, relationships, and trends are likely to be helpful in analyzing an annual report?
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
By sending delegates to this Oxford 5-Day MBA in Finance online training course, organisation will benefit by:
- Providing delegates with a concentrated and focused online training course in finance addressing key topics found on MBA’s in finance throughout the world
- Updating IT skills by demonstrating the use of financial software in assisting in the decision-making process
- Updating delegates with recent developments in risk management
- Providing exposure to numerous annual reports and real life cases
- Emphasizing the role of risk in decision making
- Explaining how risk can be measured and quantified
Delegates will acquire the following skill set:
- The ability to actively participate in finance decision-making
- An appreciation of the relative merits of varying asset classes
- Recognition of the importance of risk in determining the cost of capital
- An ability to utilise sophisticated investment appraisal techniques
- An appreciation of the key items from an annual report and recognition of important ratios and linkages
- Recognition of the appropriate tool to manage risk
Who Should Attend?
- High Level Managers integral to the decision-making process
- Non-Financial Business Professionals managing who have been promoted to financial positions
- Financial Professionals wanting an update or a “refresher” of their knowledge
- Junior Managers working in the finance area
An Introduction to the Financial Markets
- An Introduction to the Equity Markets
- Market Indices
- International Equity Market Links
- An Introduction to Bond Markets
- Long Term vs. Short Term
- Treasury vs. Corporate
- Types of Bond
- An Introduction to the FX Market
- The Spot and Forward Market
- Exchange Rate Trends and Linkages
- Carry Trades
- An Introduction to the Derivatives Market
- The Link between Risk and Return
Evaluating Investment Opportunities
- The Markowitz Model of Portfolio Risk
- The Capital Asset Pricing Model
- A Practical Application of the CAPM to a Range of Companies
- The Time Value of Money and Discounted Cash Flow Techniques
- The Gordon Growth Model
- A Practical Application of Forecasting Dividends
- Determining the Cost of Debt
- The Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC)
- Investment Appraisal using the Net Present Value Approach
- The Importance of the Cost of Capital
- Scenario Analysis
- Payback and Adjusted Payback
- The Internal Rate of Return (IRR) Approach
- A Practical Application of the IRR Approach
- Pitfalls in using the IRR Approach
- Real Options
A Walk through an Annual Report
- The Balance Sheet
- The Income Statement
- The Cash Flow Statement
- Ratio Analysis
- A Practical Application of Ratio Analysis
- Forecasting Sales
- The Cost of Sales Approach
The Corporate Financing Decision
- Financial Leverage
- Modiglianni and Millers Theory of Capital Structure
- The Risk of Bankruptcy
- The Optimal Capital Structure
- The Dividend Decision
- The Clientele Effect
- The Taxation Effect
- The Principal Agent Problem
- The Market for Corporate Control
- Hedging Exchange Rate Risk Using
- The Forward Market
- The Options Market
- Zero Cost Collars
- Hedging Commodity Price Risk Using
- Practical Application of Airlines Hedging Fuel Price Risk - The Importance of Correlation
Oxford Management Centre e-Certificate will be provided to delegates who successfully completed the training course.
All Training Courses delivered by Oxford Management by default are eligible for CPE Credit.