An Interactive 5-Day Online Training Course
The Complete Course on How to Supervise Public Sector
Driving Government Performance
Although the majority of public sector employees are committed to public service, these commitments are generally made real depending on two factors: 1.) A respected and caring supervisor who values their work, and 2.) Relationships with other public service personnel in a like position. The function of supervision therefore can be the turning point for most public employees who look for value of their work and in their work that can only be supplied by the attitude and skills of the supervisor.
Effective supervisors know how to create interactions that demonstrate to each employee how much they are appreciated for their work, which generally improves the production and outcomes by those employees directly influenced by the supervisor. Although careful planning is a plus, nothing raises an employees’ attitude and value than a supervisor who directs them, coaches, and trains them to elevate them to higher responsibilities.
This Complete Course on How to Supervise Public Sector online training program will teach and demonstrate the vital skills of encouragement, coaching, planning, and training to improve the overall performance of a team. All of these supervisory actions impact the employee’s motivation to excel in their career, resulting in better performance. With that focus, public sector supervisors can overcome their apathy and find satisfaction in the critical work of supervision.
- How to create high performers out of unmotivated workers?
- Use the power of personal influence and attitude
- Learn the fundamentals of direct coaching and mentoring
- How to provide feedback over constructive criticism?
- Identify ways in which you can add value to supervising people
- Learn the skills of on-the-job training techniques
This Oxford Management Centre online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
- Create a self-directed group of employees motivated for any challenge
- Achieve higher levels of productivity by people and departments
- Provide a track for every employee to reach their goals
- Manage around the constant changes of administrations
- Add value to the requirements of the departments
- Develop the skills of Coaching and Motivating your subordinates
- Develop the skill of Evaluating subordinates for further development
- Developing the skill and techniques of on-the-job training
- Create a positive impact for the department and organization
- Plan around constant change
Who Should Attend?
Any public supervisor of people in both that manages a department or a team of people in any size government including:
- Department Managers
- Team Leaders
- Project Managers
- Supervisors of government managed operations
- New Supervisors
The Role & Qualities of a Public Sector Supervisor
- Understand the Roles of Government
- The Job of a Public Supervisor
- The Qualities and Competencies required to be an Effective Supervisor
- Personal Analysis of your Own Competencies
- Assessing your Own Style of Supervision
Supervising the Public Sector Employees
- Appraising and Understanding the Competencies of each Employee
- Helping Employees create a Personal Development Plan
- Coaching vs. Managing Employees to Higher Achievements
- Motivating Principles Applied to Public Sector Employees
- On the Job Training Techniques
The Supervisors Role of Planning and Performance Management
- Applying the Concepts of Total Quality Throughout
- Creating a Continuous Improvement Plan for the Department
- Developing Service Quality Standards for the Department
- Tracking the Progress of Personal and Department Performance
- Creating a Continuous Learning Plan
Delegating and Empowering Your People
- Learn to Use Delegation as a Training Vehicle
- Creating a Delegation Plan for the Department
- Supervising and Appraising through Delegation
- The True Principles of Empowerment
Improving your personal competencies
- Understanding and Applying the Skills of Emotional Intelligence
- Self-Awareness of your Own Emotional Capabilities
- Using Self Awareness to Manage your Own Decision-making
- Applying Self-Management to Employee Engagement Skills
- Focusing on the Future – Department and Personal Future Goals
Oxford Management Centre e-Certificate will be provided to delegates who successfully completed the training course.
All Training Courses delivered by Oxford Management by default are eligible for CPE Credit.