An Interactive 5-Day Online Training Course
Serious Traffic Collision Investigation
Maximizing Traffic Collision Investigation and Evidence Gathering
This Serious Traffic Collision Investigation online training programme will equip delegates with the skills and competencies to safely respond to serious traffic collisions and to ensure the safety of all members of the emergency services and the general public at the scene. It will enhance skills regarding the management of the scene and inter-agency working within a mutually agreed command and control structure.
The online course will take the delegates through the processes of obtaining, harvesting, and sharing information processes and the stages of thorough investigation particularly early investigative actions known as ‘The Golden Hour’. The course is delivered in a manner that demonstrates how thorough investigation is used to shape road safety strategy and is delivered through the delegates working each stage of a serious traffic collision including report writing and recommendations. The online programme will enhance the delegate skills and development of risk assessment and management.
This Oxford Management Centre training programme will highlight:
- Key roles and responsibilities involved in managing and examining serious traffic collision scenes
- Manage the initial response to a substantive investigation, implementing Golden Hour principles, fast track actions and developing lines of enquiry
- Benefits of a National Decision Making Model and Idealized Decision-Making Model
- Principles of Containment and importance of securing, preserving, and incident site
- Manage risk to ensuring appropriate Health and Safety
- The possible forensic evidence types available from serious traffic collision scenes
At the end of this online training course on Serious Traffic Collision Investigation, you will learn to:
- Understand the purpose & reason for collision investigation
- Manage a serious collision scene with effective health & safety, evidence gathering & scene preservation.
- Deal effectively with witnesses, suspects & the general public
- Understand the importance of effective accident reporting
- Manage restoring traffic normality
- How to develop and manage an investigation?
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
The organisation will acquire a thorough understanding of the principles and practices required in serious traffic collision investigations which will allow them to objectivity consider strategy for road casualty reduction planning.
The organization will benefit from training of officers who will have enhanced skills in managing the investigation processes.
- Establish protocols for initial response to serious traffic collisions
- Increase the organisation’s understanding of causes of serious traffic collisions to achieve positive outcomes
- Improve competence and skills of staff in managing serious traffic collision scenes
- Development of awareness of risk to ensure officer safety
- Effective investigations that assist to develop effective road safety strategies
- Enhanced confidence and trust of Government Departments with evidence-based inputs on road safety strategies
- Positive interventions outcomes that lead to reduced organizational resources expended on dealing with serious traffic collisions
Delegates will gain skills in safely managing scenes and considering developing investigative skills using a standardized investigative model.
- Awareness of the most effective ways of dealing with scenes of serious traffic collisions
- Identifying scientists, experts and other supporting specialists that can maximise forensic intelligence and evidence gathering opportunities
- Understanding the processes required to successfully investigate serious traffic collisions
- The roles and responsibilities for all those engaged in forensic and managing sequenced investigation of a collision scene
- Managing risk and safety
- Managing investigative process of lines of enquiry and structure to do so
- Effective collision reporting
Who Should Attend?
This online ourse on Serious Traffic Collision Investigation is ideal for Police or Civil Defense First Responders and Traffic Investigators. It is suitable for junior to middle rank officers who are practitioners and to Senior Officers who supervise or mentor junior officers.
This training programme is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Lieutenant Colonels
Investigation Principles, Deployment, and Information Management
- Purpose of Investigations
- Relationship of Investigation Outputs to Road Safety Strategy
- Introduction to Desktop exercise
- Deployment priorities and considerations
- Approach to Incident scene considerations
- Information gathering and harvesting
Scene Management, Risk management and Containment
- Scene Management
- Locard’s Principle of Exchange
- Managing Risks and exercise
- Safe Scene considerations
- Containment and exercise
- Sketches and scene recording considerations
Command and Control, Principles of Multi Agency Working and Initial Investigations
- Command and Control and exercise
- Multi agency working and JESIP Principles (Joint Emergency Interoperability Principles
- NDMM National Decision-Making Model and exercise
- Golden Hour of Investigation
- Lines of Enquiry
Investigation Model, Main Causes of Serious Traffic Collisions
- Initial Investigation Actions
- Effective Management of Investigation Process
- Idealized Decision-making Model
- Main Causes of Serious Traffic Collisions
Witness & Suspect Management, and Confirmation Bias
- Witness Management
- Suspect Management
- Traffic Collision Report Writing
- Confirmation Bias in Investigations
Oxford Management Centre e-Certificate will be provided to delegates who successfully completed the training course.
All Training Courses delivered by Oxford Management by default are eligible for CPE Credit.