An Interactive 5-Day Online Training Course
Project Performance Measurement & Management
Ensuring Accurate and Efficient Project Execution
How can it be that a project might meet the agreed scope, cost and time and still not be considered a success? Could it be because delivering the agreed outputs might not result in the expected project outcomes. What good is it to replace an existing patient care system in a hospital if it does not result in an increased level of health care? You may deliver the agreed scope of new rooms, equipment, workflows and information systems on time and within budget but who cares if the result is that less patients are healed?
Project success is dependent upon senior management awareness to make key decisions at the right
This OXFORD Management Centre online training course examines the concept of project success, linking it with the appropriate monitoring and reporting of project performance using agreed key performance indicators. A timely escalation by a project manager on a danger to a project outcome can make all the difference between success and failure!
By attending this course you should achieve these goals:
- Appreciate the need to apply Value-driven Project Management
- Learn how to create Key Performance Indicators
- Be in a position to compose effective dashboards to report project performance
- Initiate projects effectively by incorporating critical success criteria to charters
- Build comprehensive integrated project baseline plans
- Measure, control and forecast project performance by employing earned value techniques
- Embrace the dynamic nature of many project environments through proactive change management
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice
Who Should Attend?
This online training course is useful to anybody engaged in projects within an organization. Senior management and other senior stakeholders benefit from learning how project management techniques can be used to enable them to make key value decisions to ensure desired project outcomes are achieved. Project managers and senior project team members learn how to effectively control their project including how best to escalate information. Key roles that would use the learning from this course include:
- Project Managers
- Project Coordinators
- Project Analysts
- Team Leaders
- Product Managers
- Program Managers
- Portfolio Managers
- Management who commission project work from suppliers
The course aims to have delegates appreciate the importance of project value and understand how to work with stakeholders to define, measure and clearly report project performance in achieving the desired value. To achieve this goal, the high-level course structure includes the following topics:
- Understanding Project Success and Failure - Critical Success Factors
- Value-Driven Project Management - Establishing Project Baselines
- Managing Uncertainty - Addressing Risks, Stakeholders and Effective Communications
- Monitoring Performance - Earned Value Management and Change Control Techniques
- Stakeholder Management - Problem Solving and Decision Support
Oxford Management Centre e-Certificate will be provided to delegates who successfully completed the training course.