This interactive and practical Project Appraisal training seminar will provide an insight into how contemporary organisations can meet the challenge to pick the best projects against a context of incomplete information, high uncertainty and limited resources.
This training seminar will focus on the best tools to manage the project appraisal process: identifying, defining, planning and evaluating projects using a range of methodologies designed to maximise project value. It will provide an understanding of key inputs from these appraisal processes into the linked mechanisms of economic and financial assessment.
By the end of this Oxford Management Centre training seminar, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the strategic context and implications of project appraisal decisions
- Describe and apply the key methodologies of project planning, estimating and appraisal
- Appreciate the advantages and limitations of different planning, estimating and appraisal techniques
- Understand the ways to make decisions under risk and uncertainty
- Analyse the key policy and evaluation issues and develop an integrated project selection approach
- Apply effective strategies to address typical errors and biases in project appraisal decisions