An Interactive 10-Day Online Training Course
Portfolio Management and
Many senior and middle managers who joined the finance industry over 10 years ago find little time to keep up to date with new financial products and techniques whilst at the same time being able to meet the daily rigours of their job.
This Portfolio Management and Investment Analysis online training course is an ideal opportunity for such individuals to update their skills set and improves their technical skills. At the same time new entrants to the financial industry may find the array of products and opportunities overwhelming and may welcome the opportunity to be provided with an extensive introduction to financial markets and available techniques for portfolio management.
In addition, it is imperative that regulators of the financial industry understand the products available for inclusion in a portfolio and recognise the risks inherent in trading these products.
The Oxford Management Centre Portfolio Management and Investment Analysis online training course aims to provide delegates exposure to an array of different asset classes together with appropriate techniques for performance management and risk assessment.
This online Certificate in Leadership training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
By sending delegates on the Portfolio Management and Investment Analysis online training course, your organisation will benefit by:
- Providing your staff with exposure to financial products and techniques beyond their existing job role
- Providing your staff with industry standard techniques for portfolio management and risk assessment
- Transforming their Excel skills so that the leave with advanced knowledge of Excel for investment analysis
By attending this Portfolio Management and Investment Analysis online training course, you will:
- Have a wider knowledge set of financial products
- Have a greater awareness of techniques available to provide leverage
- Have advanced ability in financial analysis using Excel.
- Have greater clarity on “risk” and tools available to manage risk
Who Should Attend?
- Financial market professionals seeking to widen their knowledge base of financial products and investment analysis
- Upper middle and senior management who joined the industry 10+ years previously who are looking to update their skill set
- Regulators looking to understand current trends in financial markets
- Application of statistical techniques to financial markets
- Descriptive statistics (mean, variance, standard deviation, covariance, correlation, skewness, kurtosis)
- Selecting an appropriate chart to represent data
- Regression analysis
- Key macroeconomic indicators
- Macroeconomic policy tools
- Exchange rate policy
- Leading indicators and sentiment indicators
Financial Reporting and Analysis
- A walk through an annual statement: Balance Sheet , Income Statement, Cash Flow Statement
- Ratio Analysis:
- Industry metrics
- Apple v Microsoft
- Next v Tesco
- Corporate Structure: Debt vs Equity
- Corporate Governance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Investment Appraisal
- The Dividend decision
- Types of equity investments: Ordinary shares, preference shares, ADF’s and ETF’s.
- IPO’s and rights issues
- Market Indices
- International Equity Market Linkages
- The Markowitz model of Portfolio Risk
- The Capital Asset Pricing Model
- A practical application of the CAPM to a range of companies
Fixed Income Securities
- Bond pricing
- Bond Duration
- The term structure of interest rates
- The convexity of a bond
- Bond ratings
- Immunising a bond portfolio
- Structured products
- Money Market Deposits/CD’s/Commercial Paper/Treasury Bills
Derivative Securities I
- An introduction to the Derivatives Market
- The cost of carry model
- Cash and carry arbitrage
- Reverse cash and carry arbitrage
- Using Futures to provide portfolio insurance
- Using futures to change a portfolios “beta”
- Spread trading:
- Intra-commodity spreads
- Intra-commodity spreads
Derivative Securities II
- Using Options to provide portfolio insurance
- Option trading strategies.
- Option pricing
- Option Greeks
- Volatility trading
- Opportunities offered by alternative investments:
- Art & Wine
Oxford Management Centre e-Certificate will be provided to delegates who successfully completed the training course.