An ILM Recognised Online Training Course
Setting Business Goals, Targets & Deliverables
In order to a be successful manager, you must have the ability to plan strategically. Developing this competency is a key component of managerial skills enhancement given that effective strategic planning is essential to the future success of any organization. However, most strategic planning is lacking in vision. It is merely a straight-line extrapolation of the past into the future. In a world where the pace of change is greater than ever before this is at best short-sighted and at worst a prescription for disaster.
Real strategic planning is about positioning the organization for a future which will be different from the past. This Planning Specialist online training course will focus on strategic planning as the essential management system guiding the manager and organization into the future by setting focused goals that will establish and enhance competitiveness.
This Oxford Management Centre online training course will also focus on the necessity of developing both personal mental agility and organizational agility. Close examination will be made of the driving forces creating both strategic successes and failures.
Highlights of this online training course are as follows:
- Presentation of the Concept and Significance of Strategy and Strategic Planning
- Introduction to the Main Approaches to Strategy Formulation and Goal Setting
- Case Examples of Organizations Formulating Strategic Plans
- Group Work on Specific Cases and Problems
- Extensive Use of Practical Examples in which the course leader has been personally involved
By the end of this online training course, you will be able to:
- Examine how to design visionary strategic plans
- Consider utilization of a model for organizational assessment
- Formulate insights into strategic planning problems to avoid
- Identify and learn from examples of strategic success and failure
- Develop understanding of the nature of the organizational life cycle
- Study the preparation of effective contingency plans
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
- Employees are better able to relate their functional work to the overall direction of the organization
- There will be greater flexibility within the organization
- Employees’ capability in analysing and building creative solutions will be enhanced
- Employees will have more confidence in setting and aiming for ambitious targets
- Employees will be better placed to cope with organizational change
- Employees will think more rigorously about creating tomorrow’s organization out of today’s organization
- Participants will learn how to combine analytical and creative thinking
- Participants will have a better understanding of the global business environment of the 21st century
- Participants will learn how to make choices in making best use of finite resources
- Participants will develop improved preparedness to deal with contingencies
- Participants will learn how to set challenging, realistic and achievable targets
- Participants will have further developed their ability to move up in their organization
Who Should Attend?
This Oxford Management Centre Planning Specialist training course is designed for professionals involved with the planning process. It will be of benefit for all managers who seek to enhance their planning skills.
Typical delegates would include the following:
- Specialist Managers
- Operational Managers
- Team Leaders
Strategy, Strategic Planning and Competitive Positioning
- Introduction to the Training Course – Structure and Content
- Strategy - Concept and Significance
- “Competitive Positioning” vs “Blue Sky” Approaches
- Achieving Competitive Advantage through Flexibility and Agility
- The Interaction of Strategy, Structure and Business Processes
- Gathering Information and Intelligence for the SWOT Analysis
- Cost vs Differentiation
Strategic Intent, Strategic Choice and Balancing Scorecards
- Vision and Mission Statements - Preparing for the Future
- Business Analysis and Contingency Planning
- Strategic Choice
- Converting the SWOT Analysis into the “Strategy Matrix”
- Strategy Formulation – Programmes, Projects, Policies
- Transforming the Organization - Strategy Implementation and Managing Change
- Major Strategic Re-orientation
Assessing the Current State of the Organization
- Leadership and Management in Relation to Strategy
- Customer and Market Focus
- Human Resources and Knowledge Management
- Building a Strategic Planning Team
- Effective Process Management to Achieve Business Results
- Monitoring and Measuring Business Performance
- A Market Entry Problem
Strategic Planning Best Practice Whilst Avoiding the Pitfalls
- The Strategy Life-cycle and the Problem of Strategic Drift
- Getting Innovative Thinking into the Organization
- The Potentially Negative Dimensions of Success
- How to Avoid 'Paralysis by Analysis'?
- Overcoming Inability to Evaluate Fresh Ideas - Denying the Truth and Thinking Inside the Box
- The Critical Importance of Good Planning Team Dynamics
- How and why a good organization can go bad?
Personal Strategic Planning
- Applying Strategic Tools and Techniques to the Individual
- Personal Goal Setting, Creating a Personal Strategic Plan
- Implementing Change - Achieving Progress as a Strategic Manager
- The Mix of Competencies and Personal Skills required in 21st Century Business
- Executing Strategy - How to break it down and get it done?
- Developing Inspiration and Gathering Support
- Overcoming Adversity by Leveraging Your Skills and Building on Success
- Conclusion - A Personal Role in the Strategic Planning and Goal Setting Processes
Oxford Management Centre e-Certificate will be provided to delegates who successfully completed the training course.