An Interactive 5-Day Training Course
Mini MBA for
Learning & Development Professionals
Training Management, Organisational Learning, Talent Management, and Organisational Development (OD)
This exciting and innovative GLOMACS training course on Mini MBA for Learning & Development Professionals will introduce you to the latest and best practices in training management and organisational learning. This training course is paced, challenging and highly rewarding. You will learn about how to become a truly ‘learning organisation’ and redefine organisational learning so that your organisation places learning and development at the core of its business.
This Oxford Management Centre training course will introduce you to the latest and proven techniques for Training Management, Organisational Learning, Talent Management, and Organisational Development (OD). Your professional practice and career will be enhanced by attending this important 5-day course.
This Mini MBA for Learning & Development Professionals training course will highlight:
- Organisational strategy and its link to learning and development
- Practical approaches to managing your training and learning spend properly
- The application of training management in world class organisations
- The practical steps involved in becoming a learning organisation
- Best-practices in learning & development
At the end of this Mini MBA for Learning & Development Professionals training course, participants will learn to:
- Demonstrate an Understanding of Organisational Learning Theory
- Explain the Concept of Effective Training Management
- Utilise the Skills of OD for Organisational Learning & Training Management
- Apply Appropriate Skills for Developing a Learning Organisation
- Develop Training Suitable for a Particular Audience or Workgroup
Participants to this training course will receive a thorough training on the subjects covered by the seminar outline with the instructor utilising a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques. Training methodology includes stimulating presentations supporting each of the topics together with interactive trainer lead sessions of discussion.
There will also be practical sessions where participants have the opportunity to practice and experience some HR related activities. Role-plays, small group work, relevant case studies and feedback will be used to facilitate learning.
- Staff promoting learning and development in their organisation
- Build organisational learning company wide
- Improved employee engagement
- Enhanced team motivation
- Increased use of appropriate training methods throughout the organisation
- Improved employee relations
- Develop practical, transferable skills
- Understand the principles of learning psychologic
- Apply what is taught immediately into work practices
- Awareness and understanding of major learning and development practices
- Appreciate the complexity of organisational learning
- Increased commitment to ongoing professional development
Who Should Attend?
This Oxford Management Centre training course is suitable for anyone who wishes to develop their skills in Training Management & Organisational Learning.
In particular, this Mini MBA for Learning & Development Professionals training course would suit:
- Anyone involved in learning & development, training or talent management
- Managers, Supervisors and Leaders in all sectors
- Human Resource (HR) personnel at all levels
- Occupational health & safety personnel
- Anyone concerned with organisational learning
- Those who need to know more about Organisational Development (OD)
Organisational Strategy & Learning
- Approaches to strategy
- Creating a business model
- Strategic Analysis (PEST, Balanced Scorecards, Five Forces, SWOT)
- The concept of learning and how it should fit with strategy?
- How does learning differ between the industries?
- The idea of organisational learning
Leading and Development
- Leadership theory explained simply
- Transformational leadership
- Your preferred role as a leader or manager
- Managing the training function strategically
- Differentiating succession management & talent management
- Nationalisation issues in training
- An experience of change
- Change at the team level
- Change at the organisational level
- Key drivers of change
- Change management
- Best practice in change management
Basics of Finance for Learning Professionals
- Accounting & finance concepts simplified
- Key financial terms you should know as a manager
- Using accounting information for Decision-making
- Why training evaluation matters?
- The importance of cost-benefit in training
- Calculating a Return On Investment (ROI)
Becoming a Learning Organisation
- Understanding the learning organisation
- Characteristics of a learning organisation
- Are you ready to change?
- Benefits and barriers
- Personal action planning
Oxford Management Centre Certificate will be provided to delegates who successfully completed the training course.