An Interactive 5-Day Online Training Course
Mastering the Art of Design Thinking and Creativity
This highly interactive online training Course on Mastering the Art of Design Thinking and Agile Creativity has been developed to provide participants with the key’s skills needed to effectively use Design Thinking methodology in workplace problem solving situations.
Used by some of the most innovative and forward-thinking organizations in the world, Design Thinking provides a creative ‘solution-based’ approach to solving problems, as opposed to typical linear, defined approaches. It’s extremely useful in tackling complex problems that are ill-defined or unknown, by understanding the human needs involved, by re-framing the problem in human-centric ways, by creating many ideas in brainstorming sessions, and by adopting a hands-on approach in prototyping and testing. This an essential concept for organizational growth and sustainability in today’s rapidly agile changing environment.
This Oxford Management Centre online training Course will highlight:
- The importance of applying Design Thinking in the modern workplace
- The advantages of Design Thinking over traditional problem-solving techniques
- Utilise the power of Design thinking for complex, multi-discipline problems
- The human centric and key behavioural skills needed to master this technique
- Propose practical workable solutions ideal for the customer or client
- How to create a design thinking culture within your organization
At the end of this online training Course, you will learn how to:
- Understand the advantages of using Design Thinking in the workplace
- Apply Design Thinking for complex, multi-discipline creative problem-solving solutions
- Develop your human centric interpersonal and behavioural skills
- Conduct Design Thinking problem solving sessions with your team
- Achieve buy-in from key stakeholders to your proposed decision
- Develop a Design Thinking culture in the organisation
This online training Course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training Course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
By attending this Oxford virtual training course and applying the principles involved, your organization will benefit from:
- Creative and innovative employees with effective problem-solving skills
- Greater solution focused ideas, decision making and reduced waste of effort and resources
- Having a high-trust culture of openness, integrity, and certainty
- Stronger working relationships, greater collaboration, and discretionary effort
- Higher levels of organizational productivity
By attending this online training course and applying the principles involved, you will benefit by:
- Become more creative and innovative in your thought process
- Gain knowledge and skills desirable in today’s modern rapid environment
- Accelerate your own personal and career development
- Master a skill set that’s essential in your overall development
- Increase the overall productivity of your team or department
- Focus on more important strategic and operational matters
Who Should Attend?
Leaders, managers, and team leaders / supervisors who need to actively problem solve to make effective and efficient decisions in the workplace.
Whilst extremely beneficial to technical / engineering disciplines the methods and approaches can be used in other professions such as HR, Commercial, Finance, etc.
This online course would also benefit junior / middle managers new to their role, or with experience but little previous online training.
Design Thinking and its Importance in Workplace Solutions
- Understanding Design Thinking and its Strategic Implications
- The 5 Primary Stages of Design Thinking
- The Key 10 Principles of Good Design
- Traditional Linear Problem-solving Techniques
- The Solution Focused Approached to Problem Solving
- Bigger Picture Consequences: Systems Thinking and Application
Developing Agile Creativity and An Innovative Mind
- Defining a Problem
- How your brain solves problems?
- Creative Problem-solving Techniques
- The Power of Visualization: Dreaming the Dream
- Developing an Innovative and Creative Mindset
- Group Thinking Strategies and Control
- Change and Agile Organizational Thinking
Human Centric Behavioural Skills for Agile Creative Design Thinking
- Human Centric Interpersonal Skills Needed in Design Thinking
- Powerful Questioning Techniques to Build Empathetic Understanding
- Structuring Empathetic Fact-finding Interviews
- Creating Powerful Problem Statements to Define the Problem
- Structured Brainstorming Solutions using SCAMPER
Practical Applications of Design Thinking and Creative Innovations
A number of practical and worked case studies of the 5 Key Principle Stages in Design Thinking:
- Test will be conducted to provide real-time understanding and application of the Design Thinking process and the knowledge gained on the programme
Decision Making and Organizational Implementation
- Practical vs. Ideal Solution: Factors and Considerations
- Using Rapid Decision-making Process
- Mitigating Decision-making Errors
- Changing Mindsets to Adopt Design Thinking Strategies
- Communicating the Decision – Gaining buy-in
- Next Steps
Oxford Management Centre e-Certificate will be provided to delegates who successfully completed the training course.
All Training Courses delivered by Oxford Management by default are eligible for CPE Credit.