This dynamic training course in Managing the Procurement Process has been designed for medium to large local or multinational organizations that aspire to be aligned with the most updated and fit-for-purpose best practice in managing the procurement process. This course will equip the less experienced participants with the practical skills from planning, suppliers selection, to contract award via numerous real case studies and interactive exercises with real-time feedback.
Participants with more knowledge will appreciate, compare, challenge and digest the latest best practice from top companies in the world so that they will return to their organizations with new and practical ideas to add both the tangible and intangible values to their organizations. By adopting best practices in contract strategy, participants will learn about how to develop a tender strategy that will ensure the “best fit” suppliers are selected to offer the most sustainable and valuable deal to their organizations.
Managing the procurement process is NOT ONLY the business of contracts and procurement departments. Who are also key players in the procurement process? Why do some rigorously selected suppliers fail in performance after the contract award? What are the responsibilities of the clients in the successful or unsuccessful deliverables of suppliers? When there is a dispute between clients and suppliers, how to handle it? Is it even better to minimize or prevent disagreement at all? What are the often missing soft skills in managing the procurement process?
This OXFORD Management Centre training course will highlight:
- Exploring, understanding and collecting the actual needs of the organization at the right time
- Identifying, Understanding, communicating and managing stakeholders
- Formulating a robust contracting strategy
- Analysing risks and determine mitigation actions in the procurement process
- Developing a fit-for-purpose evaluation process, criteria, governance
- Managing the Performance of the Selected Suppliers
- Enhancing the conflict management and negotiation skills of procurement professionals