An Interactive 5-Day Online Training Course
Leading High Performing Teams
The Skills to Create a Resilient, Reliable and Responsive Team
A lot of focus is put on leadership development when in reality the leader is just one person, the real driving force behind a leader’s success is their team. A team operating effectively as a single unit will always outperform the best individual operating on their own. More importantly, no matter how knowledgeable and competent individual members of team may be, a dysfunctional team will undermine organisational goals, drain morale and waste effort.
With the increased commercial pressures and target driven cultures many leaders are now considering how to get the highest levels of performance from their people. The single most important factor in driving effective teamwork and team engagement is the behavior and style of the leader. This OXFORD Leading High Performing Teams online training course explains how to harness the team’s potential, and introduces techniques for moving the team to peak performance.
This Management & Leadership course is highly interactive and participants are expected to discuss their unique situation as well as practicing the tools they are learning.
- Discovering the link between the leader’s behavior and team performance
- Finding new ways to measure and manage performance
- Unique techniques to truly tap into motivation
- Harnessing the dynamics of the team through personality profiling
- Optimising team flexibility and commitment using advanced coaching skills
At the end of this OXFORD Management Centre virtual training course, you will learn to:
- Understand what elements of your role as leader give greatest return
- Identify and leverage individual talent within the team
- Engage and motivate the team using vision techniques
- Establish clear objectives and standards of performance for your team
- Read personality preferences and adapt your leadership accordingly
- Manage and use advanced coaching techniques to replace ‘tell’ with ‘ask’
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
Who Should Attend?
This Leading High Performing Teams online training program is suitable to a wide range of leadership and management functions from experienced leaders through to junior / middle managers who might be new to the role of leadership:
- Leaders who are looking to update their skillset and ability
- Managers who have taken on a new team leadership role
- Managers who have a challenging team or feel their teams are ‘stuck’
- Senior Management wanting to learn modern leadership techniques
- Project Managers or those with a project management role
Teams and their Leaders
- The Relationship between Teams, Leaders and Managers
- Key Leadership Tasks and Responsibilities
- Balancing Influence, Authority and Power
- Different Leadership Styles and Style Flexibility
- Self-awareness and Getting Feedback
- Emotional Intelligence and Rapport
Vision, Direction & Alignment
- Creating a Shared Vision
- Aims, Objectives and Goal Alignment
- Developing Meaningful Objectives and Indicators
- Divergent Approaches to Problem-solving
- Communicating a Compelling Vision
- Taking a Coaching Approach to Problem Solving
- Stages of Team Development
- The Sociology of The Team
- Characteristics of High-performing Teams
- Balancing Different Team Roles and Personality Types
- Non-traditional Team Structures
- Delegation and Empowerment
Developing the Team
- Personality Types and The Mix Needed For Success
- Building a Coherent Team
- Self-managing Teams and Their Challenges
- Coaching, Mentoring and Self-directed Learning
- Feedback and Appraisal
- Leveraging Team Strengths For Peak Performance
Performance & Conflict Management
- Defining Performance
- Approaches to Measuring Team and Individual Performance
- Performance Management: Science or Art?
- Giving and Receiving Feedback Effectively
- Conflict as A Catalyst for Team Development
- Dealing with Challenging Interpersonal Relations
Oxford Management Centre e-Certificate will be provided to delegates who successfully completed the training course.
All Training Courses delivered by Oxford Management by default are eligible for CPE Credit.