An Interactive 5-Day Online Training Course
Law Enforcement Management and Leadership
Developing Strategies to Enhance Leadership Impact
Leadership in Law Enforcement requires a unique mindset and skill set that are not necessarily found in traditional business roles. This innovative Law Enforcement online training course has been developed to provide opportunities to enhance your leadership skills as well as provide the practical tools needed to grow your personal leadership presence in a challenging operating environment. It is recognised that the best leaders are self-aware and decisive and able to utilise this internal strength to influence the direction of others to improve performance.
In attending this highly interactive and engaging OXFORD online training course you will gain a greater understanding of your own leadership becoming more self-aware; as well as developing strategies to enhance your leadership impact. You will undertake a unique and individual leadership journey to help you develop the skills and confidence to grow as an effective and influential leader.
This online training course will highlight:
- How to improve your understanding of leadership & management through a reflective self-development journey?
- Advanced ways to influence others and through negotiation achieve win-win outcomes
- The skills to lead and develop highly effective teams
- Working together with other agencies to solve problems and develop effective resolution strategies
- Decision Making in incident management, exploring reputational risk – organisational and personal
At the end of this Law Enforcement Management and Leadership online training course, you will learn to:
- Understand leadership in Law Enforcement and the context in which it operates
- Analyse your preferred leadership & management style for greater effectiveness
- Understand emotional intelligence and its impact on leading – self and others
- Enhance your influencing and negotiation skills to achieve success when working with others
- Develop the critical decision making and problem-solving skills to resolve operational incidents
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
Law Enforcement organisations will benefit greatly through this programme of study, as Leaders with improved self-awareness and emotional competence:
- Have the ability to understand and relate with greater impact and authority to people in the organisation and members of the public
- Possess skills that are now considered to have greater impact on Leadership than traditional measures
- Have the skills to support working with and influencing others
- Recognise key decision making and problem-solving processes needed in incident resolution
In attending this Law Enforcement Management and Leadership online training course, you benefit greatly as you will
- Accelerate your career development
- Undertake a leadership self-development journey
- Recognise your leadership potential more clearly
- Be able to recognise and regulate your own emotions as well as the emotions in others
- Improve your ability to communicate, make decisions, influence and work with others
- Become a more self-aware and influential leader
Who Should Attend?
This OXFORD online training course is suitable for a wide range of Law Enforcement professionals but will greatly benefit all individuals who wish to improve their leadership skills and develop their personal power and effectiveness.
This could includes:
- Senior Leaders
- Middle Managers
- Those identified as Talent or High Potential Development
- Leaders in specialist posts
Understanding Your Preferred Leadership Style
- The Principles of Leadership & Management
- The context of Law Enforcement in the 21st Century
- Defining the Characteristics and Competencies of Effective Leaders
- Application of Leadership Characteristics in Law Enforcement
- Defining your Leadership Preference – (Self-assessment Leadership Profile)
Leadership: Emotional Intelligence Excellence
- Emotional Intelligence and the Impact on Leadership
- Achieving Leadership Emotional Excellence
- Growing your Inner Personal Power and Positive Attitude
- Developing your Personal Brand and Personal Integrity
- Continued Professional Development – Opportunities, goal setting and action plans
Mastering The Art of Influence and Persuasion
- Utilising Powerful Interpersonal Skills
- Applying the Principles of Influence, Power & Persuasion
- Powerful Behavioural Motivation Techniques
- Empowering Others to achieve Successful Results
- Values & Ethics when influencing and negotiating
Introduction to Incident Management – Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Operational Incidents – leading during a crisis
- Decision Making – best practices in Law Enforcement
- Incident resolution – organisational structures, roles and responsibilities
- Human Rights, Values & Ethics – shaping Decision Making and accountability
- Options and Contingencies – Problem Analysis in Action
- Case Study in incident Management
Building and Leading High Performing Teams
- How a High Performing Team differs from a Traditional Work Group?
- Team Dynamics: How Teams really work
- Understanding and Optimising Team Member Styles and Preferances
- Team building in action
- Recognising how teams can become dysfunctional and effective strategies to prevent this
Oxford Management Centre e-Certificate will be provided to delegates who successfully completed the training course.
All Training Courses delivered by Oxford Management by default are eligible for CPE Credit.