An Interactive 5-Day Online Training Course
HR as a Strategic Partner: Managing the Risks of a Changing Workforce
Organizations that are successful at strategy have mastered certain skills and all of them relate directly to the competencies and responsibilities of human resources. As a result, human resources must be aware of what value it creates, how it creates value and what interests affect and are affected by HR activities.
Since HR has a unique cross-functional and global perspective of the organization’s most critical asset-the knowledge, skills and abilities of its workforce-HR leaders can create value by consulting and advising on aligning workforce assets with strategic demands. HR can also apply value chain analysis to its own business, identifying cost centers, its core competencies and activities that may be candidates for outsourcing.
This Oxford Management Centre online training course on HR as a Strategic Partner will focus on why HR should become a strategic partner, how HR can become a strategic partner and, more importantly, how do we change the HR function to better support the business objectives and become a true “business partner”.
This online training course will highlight:
- The argument for strategic partnering; scanning the environment, identifying the challenges, focusing on continuous improvement
- How to prepare the current workforce for the future of work and identify the workers of the future?
- Identifying which HR strategic activities help move the organization toward its strategic goals
- How to identify and focus on core competencies in order to direct efforts where they will have the best impact?
- Systems thinking and making changes in one area to achieve strategic goals
It is not enough to call ourselves a strategic partner. To be a strategic partner, we must focus on outcomes. In addition, HR must be credible to the business. Credibility requires different competencies and this training course will focus on those competencies.
At the end of this online training course, participants will understand how to:
- Improve the strategic relationship between effective HRM and core business functions
- Better apply information with which to contribute to the organization’s strategic plan
- Design strategies to ensure a strong customer service culture in the HR function
- Develop visions for critical solutions to organizational human capital challenges
- Make better decisions with confidence based on analysis of available information to drive business success
- Create a strategy to develop a culture that fosters efficient and effective interactions and decision making
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
HR can have a direct impact on the organization’s strategy through its input into the strategic planning process and through its own strategic initiatives.
- Develop results oriented metrics and scorecards that contribute to organizational success
- Use knowledge of business and metrics to make workforce and business decisions
- Ensure that all HR initiatives demonstrate a measurable value to the organization
- Create an action plan for managing talent within the confines of the labor market
- Develop and evaluate business cases proposed for HR and other functional projects and initiatives
- Maintain a systems wide perspective when making business decisions
The participant will enhance their own competencies as human resources professional and be able to apply these competencies to their own organizations.
- The ability to understand and apply information to develop the organization’s strategic plan
- The ability to interpret information and data to make business decisions and recommendations
- The ability to direct and contribute to initiatives and processes with the organization
- The ability to provide guidance to organizational stakeholders
- The ability to effectively exchange information with stakeholders
- The ability to manage interactions to provide service and support to the organization
Who Should Attend?
HR professionals of all levels can benefit from this online training course as can operational managers who needs Human Resource support to achieve their strategic objectives.
This online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- HR Managers
- Line Managers
- Anyone who is associated with strategic planning
The Strategic Role of Human Resources in Organizations
- The Evolving Role of the HR Profession
- Dimensions of Change in the HR Profession
- Management Functions
- Critical Management Skills for HR Professionals
- Strategic Planning
- Aligning the HR Function with the Strategic Plan
- Emergent Strategy
Assessing the Internal Environment
- Assessing an Organization’s Internal Environment
- HR’s Internal Business Partners
- Organizational Design
- Organizational Structures
- Building Partnerships in the Internal Environment
- Building Credibility
- Making a Business Case
Scanning the External Environment
- Environmental Scanning
- Factors that Impact the External Environment
- Economic Factors
- International and Globalization
- Political Factors
- Social Factors
Measuring Strategic Outcomes
- Strategic Measurements
- The Use of Technology
- Measurement Techniques
- Understanding Research Terms and Techniques
- Human Resource Auditing
- Indicators of HR Strategic Performance
Issues Affecting Organizations
- Ethics and Creating an Ethical Environment
- The Legislative and Regulatory Environment
- Precautionary Exercises
- Preparing for the Future
Oxford Management Centre e-Certificate will be provided to delegates who successfully completed the training course.
All Training Courses delivered by Oxford Management by default are eligible for CPE Credit.