An Interactive 5-Day Online Training Course
Healthcare Strategy & Innovation
Developing Strategies, Objectives, and Plans to Deliver Great Healthcare Outcomes
This Oxford Management online training course in Healthcare Strategy and Innovation will show managers and clinicians how to provide the organization with a clear vision and long-term plans that will help it move in that direction. It will take delegates, step-by-step through a systematic approach to focus on the future, provide a clear vision of where their organization is going and the route it is going to follow to get there. It will highlight the challenge of setting priorities and the importance of tracking and measurement to monitor progress. The approach encourages an aligned organization with every role of working together towards delivering organizational goals.
The focus is on how to develop strategic plans and then implement them effectively. You will discover how to align the organization with the strategy by engaging with stakeholders, delegating to others, measuring progress, and making tactical adjustments along the way. It also explains effective ways of evaluating how well strategic objectives have been achieved, learning lessons, recognizing success, and the contributions of teams and individuals.
This Healthcare Strategy and Innovation online training course will highlight:
- Principles and methods of strategy development, options generation, and decision-making
- The importance of creativity and innovation in strategic management
- Management and mitigation of strategic and operational risks
- Strategic planning and communications to ensure understanding, commitment and accountability
- Evaluation and review of performance against plans feeding into agile planning
At the end of this Oxford Healthcare Strategy and Innovation online training course, you will learn to:
- Understand the difference between strategy and planning
- Articulate the healthcare organizations Vision, Mission, and Values
- Create clear and achievable objectives
- Recognize strategic, tactical and operational risks and how to manage them
- Identify Critical Success Factors and related Key Performance Indicators to track progress and deliver outcomes
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice
What will your organization gain from employees attending this Oxford online training course?
- Greater confidence in making more informed contributions to strategic plans
- Sharper awareness of how individuals and teams can contribute to achieving strategic objectives
- Better ability to choose and apply relevant performance measures
- Recognition of the need to prioritize resources in order to achieve strategic objectives
- Business plans that are consistent with the organization's overall vision and objectives
- Increased acceptance of responsibility for the achievement of strategic objectives
Participants will be able to further develop their personal management skills by being:
- More aware of the factors that will influence strategic decisions
- More knowledgeable about types of businesses, and business structures, in general
- More knowledgeable about their own organizations strategic challenges and opportunities
- More confident in providing strategic input in a wider range of situations
- Able to recognize how various types of strategic initiative are translated into operational plans
- Able to take on higher level, more responsible roles in the organization
Who Should Attend?
This Healthcare Strategy and Innovation training Course is suitable to a wide range of healthcare professionals and managers who will greatly benefit:
- Managers and clinicians jointly responsible for strategy, marketing, research, operations, HR, finance, etc.
- Managers and clinicians carrying out management of risks
- Line and functional managers, team leaders and supervisors
- Strategic managers who want to assess their current approach to strategy
- Operational managers who are looking to take on more strategic responsibilities
What is Strategy? Why is it important?
- Principles of strategic management and business planning
- Strategic fit of organizational structure, business processes and culture
- Combining analytical, creative and innovative thinking in strategic management
- How to build, manage and develop a strategic planning team?
- Getting employees to think strategically
- Developing a Vision of tomorrow’s organization
Developing a Strategic Business Plan
- Strategic analysis of the external business environment
- Tools and techniques for evaluating competitor activities
- Achieving a balance of healthcare outcomes and outputs
- Complexity and choice: deciding what to do and what not to do
- A practical framework for a strategic business plan
- Generating, prioritizing and selecting programmes and projects
How to Manage and Execute Strategic Alignment
- What is strategic alignment, why does it matter, and how does it work?
- A strategic management system
- Developing a strategy map
- Applying the strategy map to your own organization
- Advantages and disadvantages of the ‘Balanced Scorecard’
- Total strategic alignment as the basis of successful strategy implementation
Addressing Risk and Meeting Stakeholder Requirements
- Stakeholder analysis and communication
- Allocating people and resources to the plan
- Evaluating and improving performance against plan
- How to assess and manage risk?
- Best practice in risk management
- Performance measurement and management
Strategy and Change: The Challenge of Engaging Staff
- Developing a communication plan
- Securing commitment to the strategy and responsibility for outcomes
- Executing strategy – how to break it down and get it done
- Linking operational plans with strategic objectives
- Revision and summary of all learning points
- What do we do next - personal goals, plans and commitment to act?
Oxford Management Centre e-Certificate will be provided to delegates who successfully completed the training course.