Technology has brought about unprecedented opportunities to drive efficiencies, enable automation and change how society interacts and engages in all facets of life. The pace of change is advancing, as are citizen expectations, and globally Governments are, and need to, transform their operations to be more accessible, transparent and accountable. Apart from aligning to the global trend to move to E-Government the United Arab Emirates has a clear and defined agenda and supporting process to drive change and leverage technology, as a global exemplar.
E-Government is ultimately about realizing the benefits of technology for transforming the way services are delivered to citizens and improving their experience through a ‘citizen Centric’ model. This has created a pressure to e-enable, transform and innovate in an environment filled with buzzwords Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Big Data, Machine Learning, Virtual Reality, Robotics…. etc etc. Yet Governments are mired in legacy and are not ‘start up’ businesses, and are obligated to deliver policies and serve all citizens, including those not ready to embrace technology.
Technology must be applied as an ‘enabler’ at the right time for the right reasons and not just because it is available or the latest trend – the question in mind must always be ‘why are we investing in technology’.
This Oxford Management Centre training course will highlight:
- E-Government –What is E-Government and how governments can adapt and deliver e-services, and encourage a shift to new services to improve the citizen’s experiences and how to define suitable Key Performance Indicators
- Digital Transformation – What is digital transformation really means, the benefits it can deliver and how to prioritize opportunities for automation, making use of the most appropriate delivery methodologies and seeking opportunities to share services.
- Technological Developments – All too often people use technological buzz words or feel obliged to apply them when they don’t necessarily understand the value and applicability. We will provide a brief overview of the current key buzzwords and how the technologies are being applied.
- A Citizen Centric Approach – How are citizens expectations changing and how can we best meet their requirements by applying appropriate technology to the delivery of services.
- Innovating Public Policy & Services – What is the role of Government and how can it better develop policies to deliver outcomes and create a structure and environment for innovation that delivers efficiency and improved services to Citizens. Benchmarking and learning from others – successes and failures
- Excellence, Tools & Awards - The United Arab Emirates has a long-term vision for Public services and operates various tools, guidelines and awards to drive change.