This OXFORD Due Diligence in Petroleum Business Development training course is concerned with one of the most important activities of this business – critical analysis and evaluation of potential investors and partners. The business is becoming more complex in structure and scope, technology, competition and strategic potential. Consequently, a company’s relationships with potential investors and partners now require a different and significantly higher standard of diligence and discipline than has been the case in the past.
This high-level 5-day Oxford training course will concentrate on the application of leading-edge tools and techniques of due diligence in building effective relationships with these two strategically significant stakeholder categories – potential investors and partners.
Due diligence involves multi-dimensional activity. It is based on an understanding of needs and objectives of potential investors and partners, their decision criteria, their compatibility with the strategic and operational objectives of our own company, and finally it requires a rigorously structured process by which attraction and integration of new investors and partners can be accomplished effectively in order to sustain continuous improvement in the profitable growth of our company.
This training course will highlight the following topics:
- The changing structure and dynamics of global oil, gas and petrochemicals
- Due diligence in financial and non-financial appraisal of potential investors and partners
- The specific challenges of managing alliances and joint ventures
- Risk analysis and risk management in partnerships
- Best practice in managing investor and partner relationships