An Interactive 5-Day Online Training Course
The New Era for Comprehending and Conveying Information
“Picture is Worth a thousand words“, is a common saying. It is focused on the idea that a complex system can be presented in a single still image which can be understood and apprehended by everyone. The force of the data is presented through the means of its visualization, and the visualization represents the medium, a way to explore, present and express meaning of data.
This OXFORD Data Visualization online training course will teach the participants ways to effectively visualize the data, using different tools and techniques. Using Excel and PowerPoint will be the basis of this training course, but the use of other software will also be discussed in depth through the training. The participants will learn how to incorporate statistics, design and aesthetics of both the data and the final visualization.
This OXFORD online training course starts with the basic graphs and charts and evolves through dashboards, Infographics and multimedia presentations. The true power of visual presentation of the data will be explored through the examples from different industries, from production, through marketing to graphic design and multimedia.
This online training course will highlight:
- What is the Data Visualization?
- How to Successfully Visualize the Data?
- How to Tell the Story through Data Visualization?
- How Visualization Techniques Help us in Determining the Patterns and Trends in Data?
- What are the common misperceptions of Data Visualization?
- How to Apply Visualization in their Industry?
The objective of this Data Visualization online training course is to prepare participants for the use of powerful mediums of visualization to identify trends, patterns and other hidden elements of the data they are working with. Further, the course aims at enhancing the knowledge of the delegates in the proper process of creating the visual presentation of their data. The differences between good and bad designs will be highlighted, as well as the steps in adequate visualization of the data.
At the end of this Oxford Management Centre online training course you will learn to:
- Select the story for your visual presentation
- Understand the power of the visualization as a medium
- Identify the audience for your visual presentation
- Acquire the knowledge to use Excel and PowerPoint as visual presentation tools
- Get the insight into other software for data visualization
- Understand the story in the data
- Present the story you see in the data to the audience
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
Who Should Attend?
This Data Visualization online training course has been designed for professionals within marketing, production, business analytics, etc. As most of the people are now required to present their work basically any professional can attend this training.
This OXFORD online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Marketing Managers
- Operation Managers
- Project Managers
- Financial Managers
- Data Analysis
- Urban Planners
- Transport and Traffic Engineers
- Supply Chain Managers
- Risk Managers
- Plant Managers
- Production Planners
Telling a Story through Data Visualization
- The Necessity of Data Visualization
- Basis of Visual Grammar
- Creating a Context
- Determining the Users
- Filtering the Data
- Common Visualization Software
Balance between Statistics, Design and Aesthetics
- Bar Charts, Line Charts and Pie Charts
- Advanced Charts (bubble charts, waterfall charts, etc.)
- Combining the Data from Excel with PowerPoint Presentations
- Let the Data Speak for Itself
- Choosing the Volume of the Data
- Color Management
- Complement of Words and Pictures
Common Data Visualization Methods
- Maps and Charts
- Sankey Diagrams
- Spider Charts
- Geographic Referencing
- Multimedia Presentations
Creating the Presentation
- Preparing the Data for the Presentation
- Choosing the Story
- Visual Cues
- Interactive Presentations
- Order Logic
- Adopting the Appropriate Display
- Avoiding Data Chaos
- Voice of the Customer
- Data Visualization Examples
Promoting and Updating the Data Visualization
- The Narrative Structure
- Piñata Principle
- Steal the Attention of the Audience
- When and How to Update the Data Visualization
- Use of Data Visualizations in Different Industries
- Applying the Data Visualization at Your Workplace
Oxford Management Centre e-Certificate will be provided to delegates who successfully completed the training course.
All Training Courses delivered by Oxford Management by default are eligible for CPE Credit.