Training will provide you with the knowledge, tools and techniques to be better at solving problems effectively and efficiently, you will be able to define the key concepts associated with problem solving.
At the end of this Oxford Management Centre training seminar, you will:
- Discover techniques to enable you to accurately define a problem So, you will be sure you are working on the problem itself – and not the symptoms
- Learn valuable techniques and methodologies to develop your critical thinking abilities
- Overcome barriers to effective problem solving and establish quality-based solutions.
- Understand How to ensure adhering to Hospital National and International standards and requirements.
The course consists of lectures of the course material, as well as tailored practical exercises to help the delegates practice and integrate the information. It will be presented in parts, with breaks for delegates to ask questions to improve their understanding. Delegates will have an opportunity to practice the techniques of the course using case studies or, if they prefer, practice with a topic or project relevant to their business.
Application of the techniques covered in Creative Problem Solving & Decision Making for Healthcare Environmental and Hospitality Services will help the organization to understand difficult, and intractable problems, and create effective and innovative solutions, making accurate and timely decisions to solve problems can happen to appropriate standards, reducing additional costs associated with rework and issues related to failing to deliver solutions right first time.
Participants of Creative Problem Solving & Decision Making for Healthcare Environmental and Hospitality Services will be equipped with range of methods to identify a problem and its cause and effects. They will be able to utilize a combination of approaches to analyze the problem to make accurate and timely decisions to solve problems, develop their ability to solve complex, difficult, and intractable problems, and create effective and innovative solutions, Monitor and evaluate the implementation of solutions to problems.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals of various organizational levels of Healthcare Environmental and Hospitality Services teams, but will greatly benefit
- Service Managers and Transformation Executives
- Supervisors, Team Leaders, and Administrators
- Environmental and Safety professionals
- Quality Management professionals
- Hospitality professionals
- Front Line teams
Problem-Solving & Decision-Making Foundation
- Definitions & Overview
- Blind Men and Elephant
- What is Problem Solving
- What is Decision Making
- Impact & Benefits of Problem Solving
- Common pitfalls in problem solving
- Critical Success Factors
- Problem Solving Analysis Tools
- Check Sheet
- Pareto Analysis (80/20)
- Cause & Effect Analysis
- Process Mapping
- Control Charts
- 5 Whys
- Decision Making Tools
- 7 Steps to Effective Decision Making
- Risk Assessment Matrix
- Solution Prioritization Matrix
- Decision making matrix
Competency Framework for Problem Solving
- Working together
- Tuckman's stages of group development
- Team Member Interaction Styles
- Stakeholder Management & Engagement
- Mendelow’s Matrix
- Creative Facilitation
- Communications, Questioning and Active listening Skills
- Leading Change:
- ADKAR change Management Model
- Political & Bureaucratic Awareness
- Demonstrating Value
- Storytelling & Advocacy
- Accelerating Learning
- Future Acumen
- Data Literacy & Evidence
- System thinking
- Technology Literacy
- Growth Mindset Tools
- Effective Effort Rubric
- Mindset Growth Rubric
- Habits of Mind
Problem Solving Methodologies
- The Six Step Problem Solving Model
- Define the Problem.
- Determine the Root Cause(s) of the Problem.
- Develop Alternative Solutions.
- Select a Solution.
- Implement the Solution.
- Evaluate the Outcome.
- Kepner-Tregoe (K-T) Methodology
- Situation Appraisal
- Problem Analysis
- Decision Analysis
- Potential Problem Analysis
Understanding and Using ISO Standards
- Purpose and Scope
- ISO 9001:2015: Quality Management System
- ISO 14001: 2015: Environmental Management System
- ISO 45001:2018: Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Management System
- ISO 22000:2018: Food Safety Management
- Annex SL Fundamentals
- Leadership responsibilities and Commitment
- Performance Evaluation and Improvement
Understanding and Using Hospital National & International Standards
- Healthcare Quality Improvements
- Quality Improvement Methodology (FOCUS-PDSA)
- Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award (MBNQA)
- The IHI Triple Aim - Institute for Healthcare Improvement
- Healthcare Clinical Micro Systems
- 5Ps (Purpose, Patient, Professional, Process. Patterns)
- Six Sigma and Lean Six Sigma
- Healthcare Environmental, Health and Safety
- Healthcare Risk Assessment
- Hospital Facility Management & Safety Plan
- Hospital Waste Management Plan
- Hazardous materials and waste disposal (HAZMAT, MSDS)
- Joint Commission International (JCI) Accreditation Standards for Hospitals
- Quality Improvement and Patient Safety (QPS)
- Prevention and Control of Infections (PCI)
- Facility Management and Safety (FMS)
- Saudi Central Board for Accreditation of Healthcare Institution (CBAHI) standards
- Quality Management and Patient Safety (QM)
- Infection Prevention and Control (IPC)
- Facility Management Standards (FMS)
- Essential Safety Requirements (ESR)