An Interactive 5-Day Online Training Course
Certificate in Strategy
Developing and Executing Strategic Plans for Maximum Impact
This Certificate in Strategy online training course will show you how to provide your organisation with a clear vision and long-term plans that will help it move in that direction. It will take you, step-by-step through a systematic approach to focus on the future; provide a clear vision of where the organisation is going and the route it is going to follow to get there, then track and measure the organisation’s progress to achieving it. The whole approach delivers an aligned organisation with every role working together towards the same goal.
The focus is on how to develop strategic business plans then put them into action. You will discover how to align the organisation with the strategy by engaging with stakeholders, delegating to others, measuring progress, and making tactical adjustments along the way. It also explains effective ways of evaluating how well strategic objectives have been achieved, learning lessons, recognising success and the contributions of individuals.
This Oxford Management Certification online training course will highlight:
- Principles and Methods of Strategic Management and Business Planning
- Communicating the Plan to Ensure Understanding, Commitment and Accountability
- How to Evaluate and Review Implementation of and Performance against Plan?
- The Importance of Creativity and Innovation in Strategic Management
- How to Assess and Manage Strategic Risk?
At the end of this Certificate in Strategy online training Course, you will learn to:
- Establish a clear, achievable and compelling vision
- Develop strategic objectives aligned with this vision
- Balance strategic risk with desired outcomes
- Select the vital few measures to measure implementation
- Evaluate variances from your plan and the reasons
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training Course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
What will your organisation gain from employees completing this Certificate in Strategy online training course?
- Ability to make more informed contributions to strategic plans
- Greater awareness of how they can contribute to achieving the strategic objectives
- Better able to understand and act on performance measures
- More effective use of the resources required to achieve the strategic objectives
- Business plans that are consistent with the organisation's overall vision and objectives
- Increased acceptance of responsibility for the achievement of strategic objectives
Participants will be able to further develop their personal management skills by being:
- More aware of the factors that will influence strategic decisions
- More knowledgeable about types of businesses, and business structures, in general
- More knowledgeable about their own organisation’s strategic challenges and opportunities
- More confident in providing strategic input in a wider range of situations
- Able to recognise how various types of strategic initiative are translated into operational plans
- Able to take on higher level, more responsible, roles in the organisation
Who Should Attend?
This Oxford Management Centre online training course is suitable to a wide range of managers in operational, functional and support areas in private sector companies, charities, public sector organisations, local authorities, and central government ministries. It can apply to an overall organisation or a significant operating unit, with some autonomy, within a larger organization:
- Executives responsible for strategy, marketing, research, operations, HR, finance, etc.
- Line and Functional Managers, Team Leaders and Supervisors
- Strategic Managers who want to assess their current approach to strategy
- Operational Managers who are looking to take on more strategic responsibilities
What is Strategy? Understanding The Bigger Picture
- Principles of Strategic Management and Business Planning
- The Scope of A Strategic Business Plan
- Creativity and Innovation in Strategic Management
- The Importance of Consulting with Colleagues and other Stakeholders
- Principles and Methods of Delegation
Develop A Strategic Business Plan For Your Organisation
- Strategic Analysis of Your Environment
- Industry Analysis Tools and Techniques
- Tracking Market Developments
- Understanding Your Organisation's Ability to Respond to Market Opportunities and Threats
- Strategic Fit of Your Organisation’s Structure, Business Processes and Culture
- Generating, Prioritizing and Selecting Strategic Options
How to Ensure Strategic Alignment
- Principles of Strategic Alignment
- A Strategic Management System
- Developing A Strategy Map
- Alternatives to The Strategy Map
- Advantages and Disadvantages of The Balanced Scorecard
- Total Strategic Alignment
How to Implement and Evaluate Strategic Business Plans
- Stakeholder Analysis and Communication
- Allocating People and Resources to The Plan
- Evaluating and Improving Performance against Plan
- How to Assess and Manage Risk
- Performance Measurement and Management
Putting the Strategic Business Plan into Action
- Communicating Strategy to Align Your Organisation
- Gaining Commitment to, and Responsibility for, The Strategy
- Effective Implementation - Converting Strategic Plans into Tangible Results
- Linking Operational Plans with Strategic Objectives
- Personal Goals, Plans and Commitment to Act
Oxford Management Centre e-Certificate will be provided to delegates who successfully completed the training course.
All Training Courses delivered by Oxford Management by default are eligible for CPE Credit.