An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Certificate in Strategic Management in the Oil and Gas Business
Sustaining High Performance in a Rapidly Changing Market
The oil and gas industries are going through a period of significant change. The outlook for oil and gas prices is volatile, difficult to forecast and subjected to pressures from alternative energy sources. At the same time the growth in global demand is coming from newly industrializing markets in addition to recovery in the more mature economic zones. This has major implications for upstream and downstream operations and for the type and level of investment that will be required over the medium term. These developments also have a direct impact on the closely linked petrochemical business.
In summary, the oil and gas business will require a different strategic approach in the future. This high-level Oxford Management Centre training course “Strategic Management in the Oil and Gas Business – Sustaining High Performance in a Rapidly Changing Market” will enable you to design and manage the new approach.
This training course will highlight:
- The changing structure and dynamics of the global oil and gas business
- Creating and implementing a robust business strategy
- Aligning and linking strategic and operational management
- How to implement strategic plans effectively
- Achieving strategic change in your organisation
At the end of this training course, you will learn to:
- Analyse where the best opportunities will be found in the future
- Develop a highly focused strategy to take the best opportunities
- Concentrate resources and actions to sustain competitiveness
- Manage the key processes of strategy innovation and strategic change
- Create and lead an effective team to take the new strategy forward
This training course will utilize a variety of proven learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, retention and application of the information presented. This approach will emphasise analysis and discussion of real-time case examples of situations in which the course leader has been personally involved. This will be supported by group work on case studies and interactive discussion.
In sending delegates to this training course, the organisation will gain the following benefits.
- improved organisational performance through better resource allocation
- Application of strategic thinking into all levels of the organisation
- Top management having more confidence in the decisions of its staff
- An integrated approach to decisions at strategic and operational levels
- Sharply focused views on the extent and direction of change required for success
- More effective programme and project implementation by managers
In attending this training course, delegates will acquire the following skills and competencies.
- Improved career flexibility and prospects
- Accelerated thinking speed and problem resolution
- Detailed understanding of the strategic impact of individual specialisms
- Improved leadership and teamworking capabilities
- Continuous improvement in applying leading-edge planning approaches
- Understanding of best practice in achieving strategic objectives
Who Should Attend?
This training course is designed for experienced professionals in the oil and gas industry who wish to gain a broader appreciation of the scope of strategic management and develop their personal contribution in creating the future for their organisation. The course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Specialists in marketing and business development
- Managers / leaders in finance and accounting
- Specialists in upstream and downstream operations management
- Scientists in research and development
- Human resource and organizational development managers
The Current and Future Dynamics of the Global Oil and Gas Business
- Structural Change in Supply and Demand in the Global Oil and Gas Business
- The Future of Oil and Gas compared with other Major Energy Sources
- Developments in Upstream Activities and their Strategic Impact
- Developments in Downstream Activities and their Strategic Impact
- The Changing Significance of the Petrochemical Sector
- Forecasting the Future Major Trends in Oil and Gas
- The Changing Balance of OPEC and non-OPEC Activities
Creating and Applying a Robust Business Strategy
- Leading-edge Thinking in Business Strategy
- The Process and Content of Contemporary Strategic Analysis
- How to Create an Effective Strategic Plan
- Focus and Concentration of Resources to Sustain Advantage
- Financial and Non-Financial Performance Management
- Contrasting Examples of Successful Strategies
- Executing Strategy – Break It Down and Get It Done
Aligning and Linking Strategic and Operational Management
- The Principle of Strategic Alignment and its Significance
- Programmes, Projects and Policies – Cohesion and Priorities
- Aligning Corporate Resources with Objectives and Targets
- Aligning the Organizational Structure with the Strategic Plan
- Designing an Information System to Facilitate Effective Control
- Coordinating Strategic and Operational Management
- Dealing With Variance and Divergence in Operational Management
How to Implement Strategic Plans Effectively
- Structuring and Managing a Strategic Planning Team
- Setting Strategic and Operational Goals and Targets
- System Control and the Requirement for Agile Capability
- People Development – Cascading Your Strategy
- Strategic and Operational Reviews and Consequent Decisions
- Resource Budgeting and Internal / External Relationships
- Identifying and Planning for Change in the Oil and Gas Business
Achieving Strategic Change in the Oil and Gas Business
- What are the Main Factors Affecting Profitable Growth in Oil and Gas Business?
- Where are the Best Opportunities in the Changing Global Oil and Gas Market?
- Value Migration and Value Capture – The Quest for Sustainability
- What are the Investment Priorities to support the Process of Change?
- The Strategic Manager as Coach and Mentor for Team Members
- Gaining Buy-in and Commitment amongst the Various Stakeholders
- Deciding your Top Priorities after Completing this Training Course
Oxford Management Centre Certificate will be provided to delegates who successfully completed the training course.