This Oxford Achieving Best Evidence in Criminal Investigations training course is a great chance for law enforcement officers and staff who want to improve their ability to investigate all crime types efficiently and effectively from basic theft cases through to serious and complex enquiries. It will explain the importance of adopting a clear and robust methodology when investigating crimes, roles, and responsibilities of those involved, gathering intelligence and evidence from numerous sources, and how to best utilise human, technical, and financial resources.
This training course will explain internationally tried and tested best practice processes and models that can be used during initial the incident response, crime scene management, obtaining victim and witness testimony and identifying, arresting, and interviewing suspects. It will highlight how to harvest compelling evidence whilst maintaining the highest standards of integrity and ethics. Through practical and realistic case studies, it will illustrate the mechanics of investigating crimes as part of a team seeking to deliver a search for the truth, justice for victims and increase community trust, confidence and security.
This Oxford Management Centre training course will highlight:
- Importance of securing and preserving intelligence and evidence for criminal investigations in a disciplined and methodical way
- Best practice on crime scene management and searching of persons, vehicles, buildings and open spaces
- Key roles and responsibilities of those engaged in crime investigations at both strategic and tactical levels
- Importance of obtaining evidence from victims, witnesses and suspects through the application of a structured investigative interviewing model
- Delivering the most efficient and effective investigations utilizing human, financial and technical resources with value for money